IGNORED

Tale of Dragons and Swords End Battle

Numan

9 hours ago, Numan said:

I added two levels to my character and beat the dragon easily but it said I died three years later due to alcohol and women.  Is that because it was on the easiest level?

I believe so. I got the same ending the first time I played on the easiest level. I did it again on the next most difficult level and got a better ending. Apparently there's a third ending that you can get based on choices you make, but I haven't attempted it. Mainly because the only choices I could think of changing would be things like not buying items that allowed me to get through the game, or never saving.

I bulldozed my way through on the easy level and died a drunk.  Tried that on medium and ended up dragon poop.  I did some grinding and learned to dodge the dragon flame so was able to beat it again and got the 2nd ending which was a lot more satisfying.  It's quite easy to grind on that last floor.  Just run back and forth between the two save points and kill everything.  I make enough coin to heal and save so there is no waiting for the slow heal over time.  No idea how to get the third ending.  Such a great game.

8 hours ago, Eisengrim said:

I initially had trouble and noticed that I was doing only one point of damage to the dragon every time I hit it. I did some grinding to level up to the point where I was doing more and that made a big difference.

Dragon was doing 6 points to me, so I reduced it to 3.

7 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I bulldozed my way through on the easy level and died a drunk.  Tried that on medium and ended up dragon poop.  I did some grinding and learned to dodge the dragon flame so was able to beat it again and got the 2nd ending which was a lot more satisfying.  It's quite easy to grind on that last floor.  Just run back and forth between the two save points and kill everything.  I make enough coin to heal and save so there is no waiting for the slow heal over time.  No idea how to get the third ending.  Such a great game.

That’s what I did on the first level, hitting the knights over and over.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Spoiler alert:

Hasn't anyone tried just NOT killing the dragon and waiting for it to get tired?

That works on any difficulty level.

WHAT????????   Ok, I am going to try that right now mister!!!!!

EDIT: Done.  Got it.  There is nothing more for you to tell me.  :)

Edited by Sinjinhawke
Got the 3rd ending

On 11/25/2021 at 6:33 AM, Kai_Magazine said:

Spoiler alert:

Hasn't anyone tried just NOT killing the dragon and waiting for it to get tired?

Wow, so cool! Thanks for the hint. There's no way I could have done what I thought of as "choices", like not saving the entire time...

• 7 months later...
On 11/25/2021 at 6:33 AM, Kai_Magazine said:

Spoiler alert:

Finally got around to this and he didn’t get tired.  Does he get tired based on how long the battle is or how many misses with his flame?