IGNORED

CRAZE Atari Jaguar

phoboz

Yeah I'm sure it will someday. But you could whip up a cool Berserk clone and it wouldn't take you 20 years. 

When you hold off on something like this for ages and ages you risk getting scooped. They can feel comfortable if they want in the fact 'well no one else  has done it yet and aren't likely to so we're safe.' But sometimes life has a way of surprising you.

You snooze you lose.

Edited by JagChris
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Maybe he should finish up the QBert game he's been promising for 20 years...... Or the game he actually did release, come to that.

Wouldn't hold your breath for this one.

On his Youtube channel I see 5 videos of this game, and only one video for another demo. So this game seems to be prioritized.

In 3 of the videos the game looks to be in a quite good playable state.

Tried to do some research on this, @The Graphics Man are you involved?

Mad Bodies was released, and a person with the same name as the Youtube channel was involved in that game.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, JagChris said:

But you could whip up a cool Berserk clone and it wouldn't take you 20 years

Yes, but I work on other projects. In one of them I work with the same artist as I do for Asteroite. In another one I am teaming up with a person good at writing stories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

No, they get achievement unlocked for announcing more unfinished games than Atari. 

Maybe they can recruit the absolute master of number wang, the king of the ding-a-ling and all things 3D, VladR to help get some of these unfinished projects completed :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 2:50 AM, phoboz said:

another one I am teaming up with a person good at writing stories.

What is it? A text adventure? A JRPG? A shooter with story? You can't just have a cliffhanger like that, and nobody noticed ?? Come on give us a carrot?

On 11/27/2021 at 6:26 PM, neogeo1982 said:

What is it? A text adventure? A JRPG? A shooter with story? You can't just have a cliffhanger like that, and nobody noticed ?? Come on give us a carrot?

I am experimenting with several ideas now, as soon as there is something to show I will let you know.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, K3V said:

Submitting my vote for a Final Fight/Streets of Rage-style beat em up :)

That's exactly the kind of beat em up I want to create ? . I made that proof of concept years ago but I want to finish Crumbs and Nitrous (or at least one of them) before starting another large project.

Edited by Sporadic
Added link
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, K3V said:

Submitting my vote for a Final Fight/Streets of Rage-style beat em up :)

Very close for one of the projects we are drafting, but think medieval Conan style instead of modern street fighting.

The idea is a 3-4 multiplayer brawler (using team tap), with different selectable character classes like Knight, Archer, Warlock etc. Perhaps with some RPG elements?

Huge, well animated sprites, and high colour parallax scrolling backgrounds. No tile maps this time, but large handrawn backgrounds (with animations). That's what I want!

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, phoboz said:

Very close for one of the projects we are drafting, but think medieval Conan style instead of modern street fighting.

The idea is a 3-4 multiplayer brawler (using team tap), with different selectable character classes like Knight, Archer, Warlock etc. Perhaps with some RPG elements?

Huge, well animated sprites, and high colour parallax scrolling backgrounds. No tile maps this time, but large handrawn backgrounds (with animations). That's what I want!

Oh, that's damn cool! Something like Legend, Knights of the Round and/or The King of Dragons on SNES?

10 hours ago, Sporadic said:

That's exactly the kind of beat em up I want to create ? . I made that proof of concept years ago but I want to finish Crumbs and Nitrous (or at least one of them) before starting another large project.

Thanks for sharing this! I loaded it onto my JagGD and played a few rounds. It's so fun to see that awesome Capcom sprite work running on the Jag.

9 hours ago, phoboz said:

This sounds amazing! Do want ?

• Like 1