IGNORED

My relocatable and bug-fixed Turbo-BASIC XL

dmsc

Hi!

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

20230518_184508.thumb.jpg.c2d9b0938da56fdacfb50f33b6dca32b.jpg

The "README" file is not a BASIC program, so it gives ERROR-21 ("not a loadable file").

And the "D2" disk is on DOS-2.5 format, so it gives ERROR-148.

Suggested:

- Boot from a BW-DOS master disk (you can download the original from http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/holmes cd/Holmes 1/ATR Programs/Applications A-Z/Bw DOS 1.30 A.atr )

- Load the "MENU" program

- Put your DOS-2.5 formatted disk in the drive and change the disk (press F, then RETURN, then 1)

- Move to your file, press C (copy) and RETURN, press 1 for the same drive, N for not the same disk, type RETURN on the directory prompt

- Now, just follow the instructions, changing the disk to the destination disk when prompted.

Have Fun!

Daniel.

Hi!

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Hello

Some artifacts that typing END or GR.0 won't get rid of. By comparison, BASICXE will clean it up by typing END. 

20230519_165017.thumb.jpg.8a8d48f88e2cfd0490b30a6937a86e7a.jpg

Those artifacts are normal, and caused by the program not clearing the P/M registers, and the OS ROM does not clears them either on graphics change. This is how Atari BASIC, Turbo Basic XL and other interpreters at the time worked. Just press RESET, it is what anybody did in the old days 🙂 

The FastBasic IDE also clears the P/M registers on GR.0 or when returning to the IDE, but does not clear on program termination - I did this because some programs actually want to keep the P/M graphics after end.

Have Fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmsc said:

I did this because some programs actually want to keep the P/M graphics after end.

Have Fun!

Thanks for the explanation ! And Yes, liking your TBXL & the DOS very much once I started to get the hang of it :)

PS : This is also 8 seconds faster than the old TBXL on AHL's benchmark. Bravo !

Edited by Ricky Spanish
added info

• 8 months later...