IGNORED

New to 7800 Homebrew! A question..

Silver Back

Hello.  I’m new to these forums and to 7800 homebrew as a whole. I’ve had a 7800 since I was a kid and recently decided to try and finish my retail collection. However, thanks to YouTube, browsing here and funkmaster v’s awesome website I’ve learned more about homebrew. I’ve been buying tons of it and most of them are incredible!

Ive clearly missed out on physical copies of rikki and vikki and Bentley bears crystal quest, but did I miss out on some of these other amazing looking homebrews I’ve been seeing such as Popeye, ninja guy, Millie mollie, the knight games, dragons descent, etc (the list is huge I could keep going)?  I see reviews and people playing them and read some things about a few being available this year but then information seems sparse. 

Im sorry if I come off impatient or ignorant I just don’t want to miss out on anymore amazing releases. And thank you to everybody that makes them happen, if I had these when I was a kid I’d go nuts!

Just now, jstrotha0975 said:

Check out the AtariAge store, they have Bently Bear for the 7800 and many other homebrews.

Technically Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest isn't available right now, as it requires a POKEY (or POKEY-compatible) chip for audio.  However, I will be adding it back soon using the new HOKEY chip, along with the POKEY flavors of several other 7800 games.

..Al

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Silver Back said:

I’ve got tons of them from the Atari age store they are great. Bentley bear is out of stock along with serpentine and scramble, 3 that I was really interested in. I assume that parts are limited and print runs are short so I assume once their gone they are gone for good. Do they restock?

Scramble is now available, didn't realize the stock had run out in the store.  The other two games (Bentley Bear and Serpentine) will be available again soon.

..Al

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

Scramble is now available, didn't realize the stock had run out in the store.  The other two games (Bentley Bear and Serpentine) will be available again soon.

..Al

I literally just placed my order for scramble. I didn’t realize you were the person running the store, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. And sorry I keep placing new orders after you ship my previous ones I just keep talking myself into buying more lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silver Back said:

I literally just placed my order for scramble. I didn’t realize you were the person running the store, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. And sorry I keep placing new orders after you ship my previous ones I just keep talking myself into buying more lol

I'm not going to complain about your placing multiple orders.  Glad you are finding games that interest you!  :)

..Al

• Like 4

On 11/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, Albert said:

I'm not going to complain about your placing multiple orders.  Glad you are finding games that interest you!  :)

..Al

Al, just curious when/if some of the titles that were finished in the last year will be added to the store, ie Pac Man 40th, Popeye, etc.  I was spring loaded to buy them but havent heard any word about them in awhile. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SearsRoebuck said:

Al, just curious when/if some of the titles that were finished in the last year will be added to the store, ie Pac Man 40th, Popeye, etc.  I was spring loaded to buy them but havent heard any word about them in awhile. 

I should have a few new 7800 games in the store soon, Popeye, Dragon's Descent, Wizard's Dungeon, and Danger Zone. Pac-Man 40th and E.X.O will be released in early 2022.  And more further into 2022 and beyond.  :)

..Al

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

I should have a few new 7800 games in the store soon, Popeye, Dragon's Descent, Wizard's Dungeon, and Danger Zone. Pac-Man 40th and E.X.O will be released in early 2022.  And more further into 2022 and beyond.  :)

..Al

Like I said I’m new to homebrew and I absolutely can’t wait for those titles. I feel like I’m 8 again staring at the tickets at the toys r us. I just got froggie and beef drop in the mail and these are just fantastic. If we have to wait for high quality boxes labels and manuals like that my god it’s worth it. Just don’t take too long I don’t have many years left above ground lol :D

but again thank you so much and thank you to all the hard working guys programming and making these things. But I’m sure I’m just echoing what you’ve all known for years. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

..Al

I read that as:

I should have a few new 7800 games in the store soon, PopBUY, Dragon's BUY, Wizard's BUY, and BUY Zone. BUY 40th and B.U.Y. will be released in early 2022. And more further BUY's into 2022 and beyond. 

I think I'm just a tad buy bit excited, and can't wait, to buy them. :D

• Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Trebor said:

I read that as:

I should have a few new 7800 games in the store soon, PopBUY, Dragon's BUY, Wizard's BUY, and BUY Zone. BUY 40th and B.U.Y. will be released in early 2022. And more further BUY's into 2022 and beyond. 

I think I'm just a tad buy bit excited, and can't wait, to buy them. :D

Lmao

• Like 1