IGNORED

Anyone have an early model 410?

Unsure - the norm in the 1970s for that format of cassette player was that it did internal AC->DC conversion and also had the option to run on C cell batteries.

Looking at that case - without the transformer there's a fair bit of excess space so maybe that was the plan in the first place.

Or maybe they used an existing shell where that excess space was for the transformer and/or batteries.

I have one like that but from the launch of the Atari 8-bit line in the (240V) UK.  Well, not quite from the launch because for several months the 400 and 800 were available in the UK but no peripherals.  Spent that time either playing Star Raiders or typing in BASIC programs I was unable to save!

It has a separate AC-DC transformed power supply with a standard mono audio-type jack.

I have many photos taken from when I recently disassembled and refurbished it, if those would be of interest.  It still works!

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 5:38 AM, TGB1718 said:

This one ?

IMG_20211112_103217.jpg

Yes, THAT one! Can you do me an enourmous favour? Can you take an "angled" photo of that and upload it to the Wiki Commons?

An angled photo is like this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cassette_tape_data_storage_formats#/media/File:Atari_410.jpg

Maybe do the reverse angle so we have some visual difference? The door open is a nice change too.

Don't worry about the background and such, the peeps on the Commons are wizards and fixing that up.

I doubt any dedicated cassette player for the Atari would have lacked the counter, it's a vital inclusion.

Though I think there were differences among types with the calibration, e.g. 100 on one type could have been 85 on another.

I have that 410 as well as my 1010 though not really able to test as I have no idea where the 410 wall-wart is and suspect the belts on both are probably rotted away.

Hope these will do.

I'm going to plug it in later and see if it still works, I did open it up and found I had added

a small circuit board and for the life of me I can't remember why other than it was like all

other Atari Cassettes quite unreliable so maybe I was trying to improve that reliability, will investigate that too :)

IMG_20211116_101408.jpg

IMG_20211116_101423.jpg

They will do fine, I'll definitely use the second one. I really like the lighting, it's "flat" with no bright spots so it will be much easier to do touchups.

Can you upload them to the commons? Click here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:UploadWizard

Let me know the resulting URLs and I'll put them in the right categories and everything.

Just an update, it didn't work very well, motor runs but not with a cassette inserted, think it needs a good

clean, (belts replace already).

I opened it up and noticed on the circuit board by CR104 where the internal transformer would have been connected

there are the remains of cut wires and the stumps off CR104 itself, so it looks like it was manufactured with all the

components for the internal transformer but for (at least) the UK market they removed the components and shipped

with the 800 PSU powering the unit.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

I don't have access to that site, if you right click the images you can save them and then upload

Legally I can't. Welcome to copyright.

What happens when you try to go to that URL? It's used around the world, it should work fine.

Or maybe try the main page: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Just click the Upload file link on the left.