IGNORED

Similar discussion, I've got a pile of ST games..

.. that have complete boxes and all documentation, including some review copies. Probably about 200 unique titles in all, a lot of this stuff was obviously the remaining stock of a Detroit-area Atari software dealer.

The eventual fate of these games will be eBay, but I'm going to wait a year or two to see if the market heats up at all. In the meantime, I'd like to see if disk images or document/packaging scans of any of these games would be welcomed if they might fill in any holes in the collective ST archive. These aren't exactly mainstream titles, as far as I can see.

I've been active with the Apple archivists, but I'm new to Atari ST collector archivist websites/FTP's. Can someone please point me in the right direction for seeing whether I can contribute something to the data pool out there?

TIA,

Steve

You're right about the market for ST's, it's pretty cold right now, I don't know if it will heat up in the next few years. It seems like the Amiga will always be a better seller for that era.

I think one of the best places to post your offer is at the ST forums over at www.atari-forum.com that's where more ST guys hang out. There's also a fairly active newsgroup at comp.sys.atari.st which should generate more discussion for you.

Hi,

I'm one of the admins at Atari Forum, and we sure are interested in scans and manuals. I'm currently working on a very big ST webproject ... And it would be a shame to see all these classic covers and manuals go to waste. Since we could all upload them at one time in the future and release them for everybody to enjoy!

Hope to see you soon at www.atari-forum.com!

Cheers,

Are any of those programs/documentation from Antic Publishing? www.atariarchives.org / www.atarimagazines.com have permission to put on the Web most stuff published by them. If you have anything by them contact Kevin from his two sites.

What sort of apple stuff do you archive. Got a link?

Allan

Hi,

I'm one of the admins at Atari Forum, and we sure are interested in scans and manuals. I'm currently working on a very big ST webproject ... And it would be a shame to see all these classic covers and manuals go to waste. Since we could all upload them at one time in the future and release them for everybody to enjoy!

Hope to see you soon at www.atari-forum.com!

Cheers,

Exactly, Maarten! These are all "sealed" games, but I suspect they were in-store copies RE-sealed by someone trying to enhance their resale value. I will be happy to "unseal" them and get a catalog of games compiled and introduce myself on your board. I would be pleased to scan.. perhaps I could help you start down the road towards getting an archive as complete as the two Al's have here. :D

As to Antic titles, it's doubtful I have any. I have three huge boxes to go through, <I haven't even unpacked most of this stuff yet> but I think this was strictly retail.

Best regards,

RPM

As to Antic titles, it's doubtful I have any.  I have three huge boxes to go through, but I think this was strictly retail.

Antic put out a whole bunch of retail programs that you could get through you're local Atari computer shop.

Here's a page with PDF's of catalogs of all their St and 8-bit products.

http://asterius.com/atari/history1

Allan

Hey Steve, good news to hear. As you know, I'm in Milwaukee as well and I'm happy to help out with any archiving, etc. you need to do.

I'm in a similar situation as well. I'm in the middle of hauling what's left of Milatari's collection of software, manuals, and gear in to my basement. About 15 monitors, 20 drives, 15 ST's so far, and I have a bunch of boxes of software, manuals and more hardware to go. Found some interesting stuff in it though for my collection, including an early release 520ST, and a 520 STM that was retrofitted with a 4 meg expansion and internal real time clock.