IGNORED

SNES classic question

Not too long ago, I got an SNES Classic as a gift. After I got to playing it, turns out it was a knockoff. It played regularly but just wouldn't save games or let me add games. I checked the serial number and it turns out it was a knockoff. My question is: would an official SNES Classic controller work on it even though it's not an official Classic? Don't want to spend my money on one if it didn't work. The current controller that came with it is kinda dodgy.

1 hour ago, CapitanClassic said:

Unlikely,  but you haven't provided enough information. 

Most of the knockoff SNES, NES, etc. Systems use DB9 connections for the controllers.

The SNES Classic uses a standard USB connector. 

fea7542f-20aa-414a-8d3e-31aa9a6d423e_1.9

I haven't used it in a while, but my recollection was that the connection was the same as the Wii accessory connection on a Wii-mote.

Largely the knockoffs don't use the Wii port, but what was shown in an earlier post so, in that case no the real controller wouldn't work.

If you have a wii though, and any of the game pads that came for it Nintendo themselves made (pro pad, etc) they do work on the legit system all the same (better really, home button returns to game menu which pack in controller will not.)  That may be a cheap test if you have a Wii setup.