IGNORED

My wishes for an Atari Flashback XI Super Gold Ultra Brutal Deluxe

Romuluz

Hello alltogether,

I'm owner of an Atari Flashback 9 Gold and also an Atari Flashback X (and a Retron77, but that's another story). I only recently stumbled across the Nexus Project and think it's fantastic. It is only limited by those little machines pretending to be an advanced(?) Atari Console.

So i made my mind up what i would wish for an Best-of-all-Worlds Flashback. Here is my 5 Cents.

The Console

Atari Flashback X is the most sweet Mini Console in my opinion but something is lacking, like

1. The missing Color/BW Switch

At-Con02.thumb.jpg.f173b003be6e99bdd7040c795b6533d8.jpg

I may be wrong, but wasn't there at least one Game that used that switch for Ingame purpose?

2. A neat way to put in some (Nano)USB-Stick

At-Con01.thumb.jpg.85ef307137f5d9795671bab8ee4c24b9.jpg

Put one of those really tiny USB Sticks in here and no damn wires anymore?

3. Open the Slot for some (fake) Cartridges.

At-Con03.thumb.jpg.1b7f7815202abf27b68c12a113482cf4.jpg

It looks so good

So much for the Console, now for the Controllers

A really good Atari like Controller could be like this

AT-Joy01.thumb.JPG.033b53835289c7434ed050a99b4e3961.JPG

1 Red Button on each side and those lefthanders suddenly feel the love (The Retron Guys got it)

2 Additional Shoulder Buttons and there would be no more hussle for the Nexus Team concerning the need of more Input

Of course this should be a wireless Controller. Lag should not be a problem at all, i heard a rumour about a new Technology called "blutooth".

I would take rechargeability here for granted.

Last not least it would be nice if they had those inside for playing Decathlon without breaking the wobbly Stick

AT-Joy02.jpg.65ac6d717dc9dceb04539fe053ce5344.jpg

The Joysticks could be 10% bigger than the Original, also put some plates in it for that Heavy Metal feeling

The Box should also Contain those little fellows

AT-Joy03.thumb.jpg.00c7b40c6b9a68154c2ef1f8eb2797a8.jpg

The Atari Flashback Blast vol.3 had only 1 pair in it, so no one's playing 4-Player Warlords anymore?

Finally a pair of these

AT-Joy04.thumb.jpg.f46458ca5322e427a9e7481a8ea8269b.jpg

So that's all of my humble wishes (Atgames here me out) :)

I don't think that this will ever happen but hope dies last. I would spend a considerable amount of Money for that.

So what do you think? Suggestions? Maybe if enough People express their interest?

Regards

Rom

Edited by Romuluz
  • Like 1

secret quest and some other games use the black and white switch. to activate black and white switch it is a button combination now, like hold up and hit select, maybe? I forget.

i was just talking to someone about mounting a usb port on the system, i think that can be done with a mod.

etsy has the small 3d printed carts. i dont care for them, but people do like them. some around here have gotten them.

if atgames would release the source code, i think we could solve the "other controllers support" mystery. If you hook it up to a legends arcade cabinet with the Arcade Play Link feature you can use the extra buttons on the legends arcade control panel. I built a custom joystick that exploits player 2s port as extra inputs for player 1.

as far as i know, we arent getting any new flashbacks anytime soon. Brazil company TecToy just recently sold the AFBX and it had a hard wired power cord, so, no more otg support im guessing. I think your ideas are solid, but we have to find work arounds because the X is as good as its going to get, i fear.

Edited by Draxxon