IGNORED

SDrive-Simple - Yet Another Hardware Variation

mytek

1 hour ago, mytek said:

@Panther I put the new sdrive.atr file that you modified and the source code on my website today. https://ataribits.weebly.com/tk-ii-control.html

I'm not including the SDrive² version until I know more about it. Is that for the ARM version?

Yes, that's the ARM version.

https://abbuc.de/produkt/sdrive²/

14 minutes ago, mytek said:

Somewhere in my pile I have one of those. When I find it I'll give it a test, unless you have already.

I kinda think I tested it, but I am not certain.  It would be odd if I didn't, but best to test again.

2 hours ago, Panther said:

I kinda think I tested it, but I am not certain.  It would be odd if I didn't, but best to test again.

I'll find my ARMsd (or whatever it's called) and test it. However that's going to have to wait until I get back from vacation which will be in a week. While I'm gone I'll peruse the topic and learn about how it's different from the standard SDrive.

7 hours ago, mytek said:

I'll find my ARMsd (or whatever it's called) and test it. However that's going to have to wait until I get back from vacation which will be in a week. While I'm gone I'll peruse the topic and learn about how it's different from the standard SDrive.

I dug mine up and found that it had my modified SDRIVE.ATR on it already.  I tested it with my 1088XEL and was able to navigate without using Ctrl, as well as with it.  I then tested it with the SDRIVE.ATR file from the official site dated 9/16/22 and that one would not work without holding Ctrl.

12 hours ago, Panther said:

I dug mine up and found that it had my modified SDRIVE.ATR on it already.  I tested it with my 1088XEL and was able to navigate without using Ctrl, as well as with it.  I then tested it with the SDRIVE.ATR file from the official site dated 9/16/22 and that one would not work without holding Ctrl.

I just found mine, but I'm trying to wrap up my NUCplus4 project, so not much time this week. And I'm heading out the door. Possibly next week I'll take a look at it

I have removed this Ctrl Key binding for the next release 1.4, because i see no sense to boot further just by releasing the Ctrl key. If one invokes the menu, wants to select something.

EDIT: And there are some timing changes, maybe it solves our highspeed problem @mytek. Otherwise there is a highspeed routine in the eeprom now for command $69, and sdrive.atr and the XEX loader use this.

Edited by kbr

8 minutes ago, kbr said:

I have removed this Ctrl Key binding for the next release 1.4, because i see no sense to boot further just by releasing the Ctrl key. If one invokes the menu, wants to select something.

EDIT: And there are some timing changes, maybe it solves our highspeed problem @mytek. Otherwise there is a highspeed routine in the eeprom now for command $69, and sdrive.atr and the XEX loader use this.

Thanks. When you get that released I'll give it a try :)

1 hour ago, kbr said:

And there are some timing changes, maybe it solves our highspeed problem @mytek.

What is the actual problem? Asking because I am developing my own SIO device and would like to know what to test for...

(In the past I remember that not all of the divisors were working reliably for me on SDrive, and it was not a "the faster the worse" situation).

• 1 month later...

@Panther Well even though I thought I found my SDrive², I discovered all I had was the empty box. It looks like what used to be inside is now hopelessly lost for the time being.

@kbr Getting back to the changes you were planning to make that might improve things for divisor 0 and 1. Anything to report on that?

4 hours ago, mytek said:

@kbr Getting back to the changes you were planning to make that might improve things for divisor 0 and 1. Anything to report on that?

No, i was wrong, the changes i made are for SDrive-MAX, not for SDrive-NG...

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 8:10 PM, mytek said:

@Panther Well even though I thought I found my SDrive², I discovered all I had was the empty box. It looks like what used to be inside is now hopelessly lost for the time being.

They are kinda fancy, for cardstock boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

@Panther I decide to test out the joystick navigation today and discovered one omission - the trigger button doesn't work to select the highlighted file. This isn't my normal usage, because I prefer to use the keyboard, but for people that would like to use the joystick instead it's important. As far as I'm concerned there is no rush to implement this, but others might disagree.

If you get a chance, can you look into this?

Thank you :)

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 2:44 PM, mytek said:

@Panther I decide to test out the joystick navigation today and discovered one omission - the trigger button doesn't work to select the highlighted file. This isn't my normal usage, because I prefer to use the keyboard, but for people that would like to use the joystick instead it's important. As far as I'm concerned there is no rush to implement this, but others might disagree.

Was this an issue on just the SDrive² version or does the trigger not work in the regular SDrive version?

I just dug up my SDrive² again and tested, the trigger is not working, but it's also not working in the latest Github version which I'd used as the basis.  I'll fix it, though it would be nice to know where the heck I put the source I used to build that version.

I'd never really used the SDrive², but now I see that you navigate directories and files by holding down the trigger and selecting right or left.  On a file, it takes you to the drive list where you then move up and down to select the drive and then trigger-right to stick the selected file in that slot.  I made it that far, but I fail to see how to actually launch anything via joystick.

10 hours ago, Panther said:

I'd never really used the SDrive², but now I see that you navigate directories and files by holding down the trigger and selecting right or left.  On a file, it takes you to the drive list where you then move up and down to select the drive and then trigger-right to stick the selected file in that slot.  I made it that far, but I fail to see how to actually launch anything via joystick.

Yeah I never did find my SDrive² so I can't be of much help in that regard.

However I did start digging into the documentation file (sdrive_en.pdf), and found this section describing the joystick control aspect...

image.thumb.png.adc4d0d2e56788a05f492095dca05c81.png

I was mistaken, Trigger was never implemented in the original Control program. How odd that is, since I would think that it should do the same thing as the Return key.

So I guess there's nothing to do here unless one wishes to add that Trigger function.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mytek said:

However I did start digging into the documentation file (sdrive_en.pdf), and found this section describing the joystick control aspect...

I was thinking that since all the other trigger controls work in conjunction with movements, why not simply have a press and release act the same as Return.

4 hours ago, Panther said:

I was thinking that since all the other trigger controls work in conjunction with movements, why not simply have a press and release act the same as Return.

That's what crossed my mind as well.

On 9/19/2024 at 9:57 PM, mytek said:

That's what crossed my mind as well.

I looked into this in the source code, but the way it's written is very messy, so it will take a bit of work to do.  Eventually I'll have some time to do this, but not right now.

It really needs a complete rewrite.

• Thanks 1