IGNORED

Atari Jaguar games (for VCS Store?)

phuzaxeman

How many Jaguar games meet this criteria?

1. Atari still has the rights for

2. Work well under the available emulators (most likely Virtual Jaguar in this case)

3. Can be played on the available VCS controllers without keypad

I would love to see Jaguar games published on VCS,  but worry the above constraints may severely limit what's possible.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2022 at 11:31 AM, YarsFan said:

Re-releasing the good Atari Jaguar games, even if it requires Atari jumping through some hoops to get certain licensing (looking at you, Alien Vs. Predator), would be a huge boon and selling point. Atari could even re-release the Jaguar controller and guess how many of us would buy it? Probably all of us lol

At the very least, we should get Tempest 2000 and Defender 2000. Those two belong in a museum. Iron Soldier also be cool to round it out to three re-releases. If you had to re-release the three best ones that would not pose licensing issues, those are probably the three. 

I would love if Atari re-released the Jaguar controller for the VCS, or a modern version of the Jaguar controller with analog sticks of course for shooters. It could be like the new Duke controller from the OG Xbox. 

Edited by Djmicklovin
  • Like 2

On 11/30/2021 at 1:42 PM, bugcatcher88 said:

Atari's IP catalog mentions Tempest 2k, Missile Command 3D, and Space War 2000. It makes me wonder who owns Cybermorph, Atari Karts, Club Drive, Fight for Life, among others. The games I mentioned only name Atari in the copyright of their respective packaging but are not listed in their IP catalog. 

If they could release updated versions of Battlemorph/Cybermorph, Atari Karts, Club Drive, and Fight for Life, I bet it would make a lot of people who had high hopes for them rather happy!  Granted Battlemorph was sort of the fixed version of Cybermorph.  But Club drive and Fight for Life especially had some... well rather interesting results on the Jaguar, that could have likely been a much better experience than it was, had there not been the whole 'imminent death' of Atari at the time.  Club Drive is especially something I remember having fond memories of playing, but when I look at it now, the frame rate is fairly trash and I have no idea how I got used to the controls before.  :P  Still a really fun concept, it was like stunt car driver, but with all sorts of weird tracks and things you could fall off of!

Ha, if they finally released an updated Missile Command 3D that has VR support like they intended (granted I don't see how the VCS would handle that.)

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 5:10 PM, Rugar said:

Do anyone think there is a chance to see the sequel of Highlander, Highlander 2: The Quest for Knowledge and Highlander 3: The Time of Endings?

The concept exists but the question is who has the license?

I think you are the only one besides me that liked the first game?  :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leech said:

I think you are the only one besides me that liked the first game?  :P

I liked playing through it but I had found a move that I could use over and over to defeat enemies. Trying to actually fight I could never get anywhere so I had to exploit that move to get through the game.

• 1 year later...