IGNORED

Attack Of The Timelord! 3,451 points!

pboland

Since there is no High Score Club here on AtariAge for O2, I decide to just post this in the standard O2 forum.

I've always liked the game "Attack Of The Timelord" but, I've never been able to get much past about 1,050 points.

Well last night the stars were aligned or something and I was able to hit 3,451 points!

Just for the record, I played the game on actual hardware (with voice module). The only mod to the system is a composite video mod.

I played through each "fleet" or level of time ships. Meaning I did not just stay on one level and just shoot at the time ships missiles.

My goal was to get to the next level. I wish I kept track of the number of levels. I lost track after 25 or so. Next time I will note my levels.

Because I was surprised that I made it so long in the game I had to take a picture when I got done:

TimeLordHighScore.thumb.jpg.635954102eba795a49b0946e9c15cefb.jpg

What are some of the typical scores that most get on this game away?

• Like 7

18 hours ago, ed1475 said:

That's an awesome score! Congrats!

The best on HighScore.com is only 2,826.

http://highscore.com/game/?g=1272&enterscore=1

Wow! I'll have to look into submitting my score to the site. Thanks for the link!

It looks as if there is actually a higher score. Just not voted enough yet (4,303).

http://highscore.com/scores/Odyssey2Videopac/AttackoftheTimelord/107434

I guess I need to work a little harder. :(

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Did it feel like it was increasing in difficulty, or just flatten out after a while? Asking because I'll probably never get that far myself. 

Congratulations, great score! 

I actually cheated in emulation with save states and flipped the counter just to make sure I was up to the famed "final" level 256.

The things I learned are:

1. The game never ends (seems to stay on 256, I guess)

And

2. The difficulty seems to flatten out long, long before 256... If there was a ramp up, it was subtle, and mattered less than randomness/luck... 

Edited by doug0909
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pboland said:

Wow! I'll have to look into submitting my score to the site. Thanks for the link!

It looks as if there is actually a higher score. Just not voted enough yet (4,303).

http://highscore.com/scores/Odyssey2Videopac/AttackoftheTimelord/107434

I guess I need to work a little harder. :(

I don't think too many people use that site anymore. So it may take a long time to get enough votes to pass.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Pickaxe Brad! said:

I'm competing in this month's Odyssey Brasil monthly contest (https://experienciaodyssey.com.br/senhordastrevas_desafior02/ ). I was practicing to try to get a 3000+ score and I just got a 4843!

I'm posting it to highscore.com!

4843_Timelord_BJL.png

Wow! That's awesome!

I've never been able to break my 3451 score yet. I did get up into the 2,000 ish point range but never could get past that 3451. At this point I think there is an element of luck with high scores in Attack Of The Timelord.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 11:51 AM, Chris+++ said:

And here I thought I was doing great when I reached 443.

Yeah, my high scores are only in the 100s, I'm impressed by anything over 1,000.  Amazing score Brad. It'd be fun to have a real in-person Odyssey competition.

• Like 1