IGNORED

Mario Paint

Jasoco

I just got the mouse out of the basement. Oh, how fun this game was/is.

I remember the day I got it. Such an awesome game with a great premise.

There hasn't been a worthy substitute since. There was supposed to be a N64 version for the 64DD back in the day but never came out. I was disappointed. I really wanted a sequel. Maybe with much cooler music tools. The music part was always my favorite part. I made some really cool songs in the day and animations to boot. If only there had been a way to save them all back then.

I used to love the 1-UP song. Whatever it was called. It was the one that came up when you clicked the mushroom icon.

Anyone think there will EVER be a sequel on any Nintendo platform? The GameCube would be perfect. The effects you could do. It could be like a complete studio. And third parties could make special controllers to replace the mouse. Like maybe a tablet and such. Or a keyboard for music.

Either way, this was a neat game. And I'm glad it still worked when I put it in. Especially the mouse. I remember when we wore our first one out and had to call Nintendo for a replacement. I think they charged $15, but my grandmother was happy to pay it. And I was happy to get it. It let the game live on for a few more years.

the music maker wouldve been awesome, had it included the entire scale of notes, it didnt have any sharps/flats (the black keys of a piano), and therefore, it was way too limiting.

a new version would be cool, but the novelty of mice is gone, in 1992 or 93 when the game was released, PCs hadnt saturated the culture yet, and computer still had a bit of a novelty with people, especially kids that only had video games consoles :)

mario paint, ahh that brings back childhood memories, there were always so wierd things on that i didnt kno how to use..  :? any1 kno if i can get the rom, and if any emulators work support the mouse with it?

I have SNES9x and have used it on boyh Mac and Windows and it has an option for Mouse AND Super Scope input. So you'd be set with that.

mario paint, ahh that brings back childhood memories, there were always so wierd things on that i didnt kno how to use..  :? any1 kno if i can get the rom, and if any emulators work support the mouse with it?

I have SNES9x and have used it on boyh Mac and Windows and it has an option for Mouse AND Super Scope input. So you'd be set with that.

It works with ZSNES as well.

And IMNSHO, ZSNES is a FAR superior program for most purposes.

And the fly game rules.

I have the game  :?: I just need a mouse to "play" it with. :D

They have one at my GameStop. Complete with the crappy hard plastic mouse pad. IMHO, the "Pad" is shit and hinders the performance of the mouse. I used the mouse today on my regular mousepad and was able to draw and move better than I could back in the day when I only had the plastic pad.

I'm rather annoyed that Sega's Mega Mouse controller for the Genesis was much more functional than Nintendo's mouse controller or even the third party Champ Mouse for the Super NES, yet there was NO equivalent to Mario Paint on the Genesis. The closest thing to it was Tradewest's Fun & Games, but even that paled in comparison to Mario Paint.