IGNORED

HSC18 Round 20: THE LONE RAIDER

Lone Raider - 2676 pts Learner / 20xx pts Trainee

Good thing that the HSC scoring is based on rank first, score second since I understand that the rank goes up when you escape back to the start screen and in order to not pick up a lot of points on lower levels, rank is primary.

Edited by carlsson

15 hours ago, Sikor said:

Trainee, 3157, real Atari PAL:

SAM_3843.thumb.JPG.3798ceec809304556bd1ccb94454eb18.JPG

Hmm, this time 2846 and Trooper rank. So, highest rank, lower score. Interesting.

Maybe evening i will few minutes more. Pity, that this round end today - i love this game, but i have no time to play...

• Like 1

My little tip on Lone Raider:  On the "jawbreaker/pac-man" screen, take your time and try to group the 3 enemies together.  With practice, you can "control" where they travel.  When they're traveling up or down, they will always turn left or right, depending on which side you're on.  They will always head toward your direction and they can't reverse direction, unless you're on the same level as them.  You can use this to your advantage and force them take paths that aren't the most efficient routes. If you're successful in grouping them together, you can slip right by them and clear the screen pretty easily.

If an energizer is coming toward you and you don't want to use it, duck down and let it pass over you.  That'll allow you to save it for when you really need it.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, carlsson said:

Lone Raider - 2676 pts Learner / 20xx pts Trainee

Good thing that the HSC scoring is based on rank first, score second since I understand that the rank goes up when you escape back to the start screen and in order to not pick up a lot of points on lower levels, rank is primary.

3 hours ago, Sikor said:

Hmm, this time 2846 and Trooper rank. So, highest rank, lower score. Interesting.

Maybe evening i will few minutes more. Pity, that this round end today - i love this game, but i have no time to play...

Yes but if you are the same level as others you might want to grab some more points on the early levels eh? Nice element of game choice. See my earlier comments and Deteacher's post above for more tips :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay, congratulations to McKong, that's General McKong to you :D Nice game, anyone struggling try ducking eh? then the game is much easier... thanks for playing y'all lets start the next round :idea:

final tables

1st   General McKong                26,793  12pts
  2nd   Captain Deteacher           16,556  12pts #
  3rd   Warrior 8BIT 1337              7,935  10pts
  4th   Trooper McKong Bro           9,445  9pts
  5th   Trooper therealbountyb       8,150  9pts
  6th   Trooper AtariSphinx            6,933  8pts
  7th   Trooper graywest              6,103  8pts
  8th   Trainee tompateus             5,517  7pts
  9th   Trainee Caco                    3,359  7pts
 10th   Trainee chevymad             2,707  6pts
 11th   Learner roadrunner           2,177  5pts