IGNORED

Bathman, the scary jam entry of LynxMas 2021

karri

Scary LynxMas 2021 to everyone.

I did manage to finish my jam entry ahead of time :)

The game was a bit hard to play. Especially flapping wings and aiming for where to drop your stuff.

So if you happen to be able to deliver all the 30 slimes Letitia wants and get to leave with her to the party let me know.

So here it is in all its glory. Drumroll ........ Bathman!

Download from:

Bathman by karrika (itch.io)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mr_Wiggles said:

Great work! Vladimir animation is awesome. I still need to get used to flapping the wings.

Me too. In the first version you had to fly higher for every slime. But finally I decided to let Vladimir jump higher so most of the time you can just glide.
But I have not won the game yet. Usually I end up with 2 deliveries left. (And missed many)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody managed to keep Letitia happy yet?

It would be good to know if there is enough firewood to complete the game. I could toss in a log or two to give you more time. Currently there is enough fire for about 7 minutes and 30 secs or so.

Before the game goes on cart I want it to be winnable.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

I gave it a third try the other day and I'm still struggling with the controls, I would love to see an alternate control system because I seem to be incapable of controlling the little vampire guy :(

Actually flapping is not necessary. Just press down and the bat glides. Wait until Letitia is not directly under you before you glide. Then release slime.

There is an area left and right of Letitia where you can drop.

Flapping shoud by up/down glide up/down... Never leave up as last. Because you will drop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Wiggles said:

Got it. It was close could use one or two more pieces of wood.

EC26F567-1EEA-4EF5-A827-EC9028AAEADE.jpeg

Congrats! You are obviously the first one who has ever succeeded to finish the game!

Adding more wood would also add size to the game and I am not sure if it would fit anymore.
So I leave the game entry as it is now.

Thanks @Mr_Wiggles

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did it too.
But it was fun because it was challenging.

Don't make it too easy !

Just one thing : It is unfair when the slimes are at extreme left or right ... it didn't succeed to deliver, even if I try to fly over the cauldron :(

IMG_3221.thumb.jpg.81811e49a60389026ce7a89b81155f69.jpg

1 minute ago, Fei said:

Did it too.
But it was fun because it was challenging.

Don't make it too easy !

Just one thing : It is unfair when the slimes are at extreme left or right ... it didn't succeed to deliver, even if I try to fly over the cauldron :(

IMG_3221.thumb.jpg.81811e49a60389026ce7a89b81155f69.jpg

Congrats! You are obviously the second player who finished the game!

Well, life is not fair either.

My guess is that if you wait for Letitia to move to the middle you should be able to drop the slime. Or then there is a bug in the game.

No I don't know. I take it, "fly" until I am really over the cauldron and release. But it just fail...

Maybe it is too late ? I don't know. I tried different timing, but I believe I failed all attempts with the slime spawning at the extreme left or extreme right (and a mistake is a lot of waste of time and warm...)