IGNORED

Brand new RF switch died.

Duckman

I don't usually post on message boards, I just have a simple question though. I hope someone can help. I haven't started looking yet, but last night my brand new (less then a month old) Atari 7800 RF switch box just died. Sometimes you can still see the game through a lot of 'snow', but the TV feature isn't working at all.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any solutions, or knows where I can pick one up outside of E-bay? The one I have has two 'sockets?' where the wire from the 7800 plugs into the switch box. These are marked game. I haven't seen any even on E-bay like this. I checked some web sites like Futureshop, but they didn't seem to have any similiar units.

Anyway thanks for your time.

RF swithces are good to use. They can be acquired from your local electronics store (Radio Shack). Of, you want better picture and sound, try one of these which can be purchased at most electronics stores as well. They are so much better. I use one of these hooked up to an A/B switch and pretty much have sworn off RF switches. Either one of these are also availabe through the on-line store here as well. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I'm really bad with technical names and my system, while new didn't come with a manual, but I guess I just plug in the jack from the Atari 7800 that went into the switch box, into the female RCA Adaptor then.

Yeah I noticed that the picture wasn't the greates with the switch box.

Again thanks! I have all sorts of systems, but it's been years since I had an Atari up and running in my house. And believe it, or not, the younger generation love to play it. Especially two player centipede and Joust.