IGNORED

Brad Koda Appreciation/Tribute Forum

widowsson

51 minutes ago, Rodney Hester said:

In my experience, the word 'tribute' specifically has very direct meaning, that's all.  No issue at all with the spirit of the thread and agree it's long overdue.

Gotcha, that's fair. That hasn't been my experience. Plus, the #1 "tribute" video compilation service, Tribute.co, is used mostly to honor the living!

7 hours ago, Rodney Hester said:

Just read the Vice article.  I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call it a hit piece - it's slanted, yes, but it's more or less factually correct and faithfully echoes the experiences of folks (myself included) on this very forum.  It does, however, indicate quite clearly and repeatedly that he IS adding value and providing a useful and unique service, whatever quirks may come along with it.

I still appreciate the man, and would quite frankly even if he weren't sitting atop the world's largest Atari parts collection, simply because he clearly has passion and dedication that is sadly increasingly harder to come by.  Hats off to that.

Yeah, the word "slanted" may better describe the tone of the article.  Someone tipped this guy in Canada off that there is a dude has a whole warehouse of Atari goodies, and he rations it.  Yeah, he came in to the article with a slant, built-in bias.  Media, no bias within their ranks.

I forgot something, aside from his attitude, his prices!!  ZOMG!!!!111BBQ111RIPOFF!!!

A.) Look up the real estate prices in the Bay Area and how much they have risen in the last decade.

B.) Supply & Demand

C.) Profit

There is no middle finger emoticon.

• Like 4

All things considered, I don't think his prices are unreasonable.

Nobody that ever bitches about his prices have read his website and learned how much time and effort he puts into his Atari products.

The R & D money he puts UP FRONT for his replacement parts and upgrades/ repair kits for stuff for a VERY small percentage of people to buy is commendable.

As far as his personality goes, who cares?

I actually like the fact he'll tell a person to "pound sand", so to speak.

It his business, his stuff and his life - deal with it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/17/2021 at 5:25 AM, gilsaluki said:

Doing biz w/ Bradley for almost the entire time he's been selling.  Always delivered, but Gawd!, that Atari tape.  I hate it!   Cannot lie to my spousal unit about what's inside the box.  Once used a post office box because of that damned tape.  When is he gonna run out of that tape?

I just asked him if he sells it. $175.00 per roll. Original factory OEM 12” rolls. 

Edited by sideburn