IGNORED

No Basic on U1mb

Mclaneinc

Most likely me..

Under XL OS I get Basic but under OSB even with basic selected I get no basic, tried both Altirra and version C.

ANy idea's / glaringly simple mess up on my part..

U1MB 4.05 Real Hardware

Edited by Mclaneinc

And yes, mounting basic on AVG worked...Sigh, forgetting how the real hardware works, too much emulation makes Paul a daft boy..

Edit: Thanks Jon, and no I have not started Xmas early ie any alcohol...Still have driving to do.. Just losing my mind..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Can you do the trick  like on AVG where you pick an ATR and the run a basic rom so getting Basic and the atr running like a carts plugged in?

With U1MB (bearing in mind SIDE3 has no SIO cable and can only host ATRs over the parallel bus), yes. You mount the ATR, then boot the cart (or mount the cart and boot the ATR). There's no requirement for things to be in the same folder, and in the forthcoming version of the loader, you'll be able to automate the entire process using a script so that the system powers on and boots from the desired ATR with the cartridge already mounted.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Sounds very nice indeed Jon (and Merry Xmas), I keep looking at a Side3 as being something I would use, yes, deffo on my watch list.

Thanks for all the info, I feel bloody stupid re the OSB and BASIC question as long ago Avery was telling me much the same thing re the way he mounts the BASIC on as a special cartridge simply because it's not part of the OS on the old range so it must be treated as a new device being plugged in. Well, he explained it better than that.

Edited by Mclaneinc

9 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

is that what you think of the new matrix movie?

I haven't seen it yet, but I expect it to be horseshit. Avatar is just a generalised commentary on the world at large. :)

First Matrix movie was a masterpiece, but things went rapidly downhill from there.

• Haha 1

after what they did to bill and ted.... well ... I just don't.... well... just can't... well....

how do we keep the world of sh*t from bringing us down?

I'd say play around with your Atari, enjoy some of FJC's humor and works... and try as hard as you can to boot out the puppet-masters running and ruining the show!

Edited by _The Doctor__

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

after what they did to bill and ted.... well ... I just don't.... well... just can't... well....

how do we keep the world of sh*t from bringing us down?

I'd say play around with your Atari, enjoy some of FJC's humor and works... and try as hard as you can to boot out the puppet-masters running and ruining the show!

Bill and Ted, excellent...Bill and Ted 2.....Tragic...

5 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

I haven't seen it yet, but I expect it to be horseshit. Avatar is just a generalised commentary on the world at large. :)

First Matrix movie was a masterpiece, but things went rapidly downhill from there.

The sequels were so bad, 2 penises were cut off because of (or in spite of)!

• Haha 1