IGNORED

Interesting M.U.L.E. glitch

erichenneke

With my boys both home for the holidays it was time for some M.U.L.E. action of course!

Since we wanted to play with 3 human players, I got out my original 800 machine and a 1050 drive. Connected it to our big Visio TV in our living room through a Retrotink 2X PRO and were in business (and it looked fantastic too by the way).

We discovered a very interesting, yet baffling, glitch though. With this set up, everything worked great. However, each time somebody would successfully catch the wampus, the screen would immediately glitch and lose HDMI signal completely! The screen would go black and then the TV gave the "no HDMI signal" message. Then after about 10 seconds or so, the signal would come back (on the main M.U.L.E. map screen) and we could just keep playing. We could consistently trigger this glitch. We caught the wampus about 8 times and it always resulted in this exact behavior!

So weird. Has anyone else experienced this? Again, it was 800 (not XL), connected to Visio TV via a Retrotink 2X PRO, running M.U.L.E.

Cool to stumble on such a glitch like this, but also disappointing that we never got to see the wampus screen because it always instantly blanked out whenever we would catch him!

Eric

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It doesn't take a lot to make a HDMI connection drop off.  Could be just a single frame where there's some graphical anomoly like scanline 240 bug or something that causes a signal drop.  And it's typical for it to take multiple seconds to lock on again.

That's what sucks about so-called modern technology.  We put up with analog TVs in that they'd take 20 seconds to warm up once they were a few years old but then by the late 80s they were good enough such that you'd be viewing 5 seconds after turning everything on.

And now we're back to the bad old days where it can take 8 seconds just for their stupid logo to show then another 15 before you're watching your show.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1