IGNORED

Where to download Altirra Basic 8k rom?

Marius

When I use the search facility I find a topic about the Extended version of Altirra Basic.

I thought: I download Altirra 4.00 ZIP but it isn't there also.

I would like to test out Altirra Basic to flash into a cart but I can not find the most recent release. Is there a topic on AtariAge that is updated?

Anyone who can point me in the right direction: thanks!

2 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

There's a built in option under tools, export rom set..

Choose a folder and you will get all the roms internally used

Sorry, wrong thing, pretty sure I ahve it on here..Will post if I have

Yeah exactly. I do not have a windows computer. So I can not extract it from Altirra itself.

Yes indeed the 8K rom. But it seems that @Mclaneinc posted that one. Excellent. Thanks a lot. 

The reason I needed this, is because I had some funny things going on with Altirra Basic on my stock 800XL computer. But this rom has the same issues. Can anyone test this with older versions of altirra basic? And perhaps on Altirra?

There is something strange going on with Altirra Basic. Perhaps that is something already discussed, but it seems a serious flaw. @phaeron: when I use the "RUN" command as a command in my program, it goes wrong. 

This code:

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD"

20 FOR T=1 to 1000

30 NEXT T

40 RUN

This code does not only result in a wrongly executed code, it also turns the listing in garbage. 

Is this a bug? Or shouldn't I use "RUN" as a BASIC COMMAND? 
In Atari Basic and Turbo Basic, RUN can be used as a command in the code.

Thanks,

Marius

2 hours ago, Marius said:

When I use the search facility I find a topic about the Extended version of Altirra Basic.

I thought: I download Altirra 4.00 ZIP but it isn't there also.

I would like to test out Altirra Basic to flash into a cart but I can not find the most recent release. Is there a topic on AtariAge that is updated?

Anyone who can point me in the right direction: thanks!

You can save the ROM from Altirra. From an Atari 800 profile, select Altirra Basic as the system Basic, then use Attach Special Cartridge->Basic, from the File menu and save the firmware (also from the File menu)

The new test version (after the ver4) includes an updated version (1.58, I think).

3 hours ago, Marius said:

Yes indeed the 8K rom. But it seems that @Mclaneinc posted that one. Excellent. Thanks a lot. 

The reason I needed this, is because I had some funny things going on with Altirra Basic on my stock 800XL computer. But this rom has the same issues. Can anyone test this with older versions of altirra basic? And perhaps on Altirra?

There is something strange going on with Altirra Basic. Perhaps that is something already discussed, but it seems a serious flaw. @phaeron: when I use the "RUN" command as a command in my program, it goes wrong. 

This code:

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD"

20 FOR T=1 to 1000

30 NEXT T

40 RUN

This code does not only result in a wrongly executed code, it also turns the listing in garbage. 

Is this a bug? Or shouldn't I use "RUN" as a BASIC COMMAND? 
In Atari Basic and Turbo Basic, RUN can be used as a command in the code.

Yes, this is a bug in Altirra BASIC, there's a small issue when using the RUN statement in deferred mode. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

Also, please don't @ me in a thread and send me the same thing by DM without linking to the post, or I end up having to answer twice.

Tools > Export ROM set... gives you the latest version as loose ROM image files.

• Like 2