IGNORED

5th Annual Fall Knockout Tourney - Round 8 - Bump'n Jump

Colecovision-logo.jpg

5th Annual Fall Knockout Tournament

Round 8

82.png29.jpg83.png

Game Information

Game Name: Bump'n Jump

Released by: Arcade: Data East 1982 (USA - Bally Midway). CV: Coleco/CBS 1984.

Settings: Skill 1

Cv HSC High Score: Skill 1 365,812 ColecoDan (7/2010 HSC4).

Manual: http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/bump jump manual.pdf

Round Ends: Monday January 3rd  at 8pm (PST) 11pm (EST)

Rules are simple. After each round ends, the player with the lowest score is eliminated and we continue playing rounds until one individual remains atop the carnage. Having the top score isn't necessary yet, just don't have the lowest score. Good Luck!

our-vision.JPG

Good Luck!

Final Bump'n Jump Scores

1)164,496 OriginalJohn

2)155,172 zaphro72

3)145,852 Bmack36

4)145,472 ed1475

5)135,456 jblenkle ELIMINATED

Non-Tourney Scores

1)18,364 fakecortex

Players

1)Bmack36

2)ed1475

3)jblenkle 

4)OriginalJohn 

5)zaphro72

6)fakecortex               (ELIMINATED Round 7) 

7)digress                     (ELIMINATED Round 6)

8)Krytol                        (ELIMINATED Round 5)

9)ctelkin19                  (ELIMINATED Round 4)

10)DuggerVideoGames (ELIMINATED Round 3)

11)roadrunner               (ELIMINATED Round 2)

12)JEFF31                      (ELIMINATED Round 1)

bump-n-jump-1984.rom

Edited by Northcoastgamer
Update

You guys are most welcome for the safe driving bonus tip, it has been mentioned here over the years by some others as well. It is indeed a beefy bonus and worth going for at least for the first season or two. I am trying to choose games that will be competitive, without one player having a "Huge" advantage over everyone else. With the caliber of some players we have here, that is not easy. Anyway, I am enjoying watching the improving scores this round, and it is looking like the most competitive one so far possibly. Happy New Year and Game On!

16 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

You guys are most welcome for the safe driving bonus tip, it has been mentioned here over the years by some others as well. It is indeed a beefy bonus and worth going for at least for the first season or two. I am trying to choose games that will be competitive, without one player having a "Huge" advantage over everyone else. With the caliber of some players we have here, that is not easy. Anyway, I am enjoying watching the improving scores this round, and it is looking like the most competitive one so far possibly. Happy New Year and Game On!

I think I've only done that bonus point thing once or twice. It's really hard not to bump and destroy the other cars. I always accidentally hit someone and send them into the wall or try to jump over them and miss and land on another car.

EDIT: I knew as soon as I said that I'd go and play and get the bonus!!! Happens every time!!!

Edited by jblenkle
  • Haha 1

Wanted to get in a quick game before the deadline. Always had more fun bumpin' rather than driving safe.

Bump 'n' Jump - Eliminated Score - 18,364

bump-n-jump-1984_rom_000.png.80ce685287d9e06755e9d5fc85985436.png

File wouldn't work in OpenEmu, I'd select the difficulty and then it would just go to black. So this is Mugrat's tiny screenshot for some reason.

• Like 1

Our top bumper jumper etc. etc. proves to be OriginalJohn, drive it like you stole it John, well done! A very competitive round to say the least. Thanks again to everyone that partook in this petroleum power outing, Thank You! Now let's what I can come up with for our next round.