IGNORED

Strange Xbox Message

JagMX

earlier today i had put in Serious Sam - and then this screen (black background, green lettering) comes up in 6 Languages - and the english one said something like -

"This is an xbox game disc

Please insert this into an xbox console"

something like that, the second line i dont remember to well.

wondering if this happened to anyone else - or is this just me as usual and the system is problematic

oh and please - leave the anti-microsoft jokes and anti-MS anything off this thread :)

The screen you saw is the screen you see when inserting your game into a dvd player (has a really cool intro sequence to.) If you have tried a couple of times and keep getting the same thing trying unplugging the DVD remote.

Also... some of the first batches of Serious Sam that went out were found to be damaged from the factory. If this is the problem you are having you need to get your disc replaced. Find out more info here: http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=26797

Jag I had this problem on my Xbox when trying to play Serious Sam. I ended up taking the Xbox back for a new one. I don't know if the disc is picky or if my lens was messed up but I have'nt had a prob playing it on my new Xbox. Luckily I was under my 90 store warranty and just swapped for another one. If you have another Xbox handy try swapping the DVD drives and see if that makes a difference. Good Luck.

I know that the game is called Serious Sam but someone told me that it is more a comical FPS and a really good game. Is that true? I know that it is a good game cause every where I look, it got good comments but I wonder about the "seriousness" of the game.

Please enlighten me :ponder:

i had serious sam demo on the PC, its aimed at being doom style, constant action, hords and hords of badies afteryou. Serious Sam II is just as funny. the chainsaw is a perfect weapon, "look ma, I'm a lumberjack" quotes like that should be in every game. most of the games out there today are just too serious, Games are suposed to be fun.