IGNORED

Wizzy - a new adventure for the Lynx

karri

9 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Karry

looks great....lmk, if you need a tester ?

Hi Walter,

I will, once I get the first part in a completely playable mode. Yesterday I found out that a guy who is on stage with me happens to have book binding as his passion. He had made a nice book of the script of the play we are rehearsing. So I plan to visit him. Actually I was hoping to do it today. But the snow is knee-deep on all the roads this morning. So I may wait until Wednesday...

1986539868_IMG_20220222_0633421.thumb.jpg.91b75a76793ae3630bc032ef8d7908cf.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My course in book binding is getting along. Here is some snaps of the book before applying the leather cover with gold letters.

IMG_20220310_105641.thumb.jpg.8514b0f4684b381906b3e294199f4000.jpg

IMG_20220310_105711.thumb.jpg.1e8b62b26b8bd4116979d71b95194b93.jpg

IMG_20220310_105722.thumb.jpg.248b8a303240e26b2663deff4ce96263.jpg

The book has the same measures as a Lynx cart box. And it fits in the crystal protective box.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 42bs said:

Cool idea!

Thanks! I enjoy writing the story and playing around with it. Fortunately the Felix emulator works fine with the 2MB cart virtual ROM. So I can use my time writing the code and the story instead of spending too much time with hardware.

Actually I have a Wizzy thread in the atari 7800 side also. It should have enough power for Wizzy as well. So I am porting the cc65 for that platform right now.

• Like 1

Will the book be some kind of limited edition, and are you considering maybe a more standard version with box + poster for instance with Yastuna? (I realized the game is probably far from being ready, but I really like the tech demo)

(I have to admit that I'm more interested in homebrews that looks like the original game, but I have a lot of admiration for handicraft stuff)

33 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

Will the book be some kind of limited edition, and are you considering maybe a more standard version with box + poster for instance with Yastuna? (I realized the game is probably far from being ready, but I really like the tech demo)

(I have to admit that I'm more interested in homebrews that looks like the original game, but I have a lot of admiration for handicraft stuff)

The plan is to make a release with these books. Usually people buy around 40 copies of the game. As everything is also available as downloads for free my guess is that the demand is not so high.

So I really intend to make enough of these book releases. But of course Wizzy is likely to be available for a limited time. And the release date is in 2023 as it will be a big game. Around the length of On Duty. But with more animations.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gambler172 said:

lo oks great..how many pages will.it have?

Actually only around 120 pages. And the book is the same size as a Lynx game box. The book works as a container for the cart also.

So the problem is not really how to fill the pages. It is more about how sparsely can I put the story. (And can I write it in a fluent way so that anyone wants to read it.)

It might also be an option to add pictures on the pages to make skimming the book more interesting.

Reading the book is not essential for playing the game. But if you ignore the npc's and just go for the action you may miss all the witty jokes in the game. Here is where the book comes in. It tells the story in a slightly more verbose mode. Hopefully it is more enjoyable to read the book than listen to npc's.

The book would also double as a walkthrough of the game in case you are lost...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Lynx Wizzy version is on hold right now as I work with the 7800 version of Wizzy for the next few months. I did get some wonderful new hardware to support Wizzy on the 7800 and my 2MB cart problems on the Lynx still remains. But once I get the 7800 version up and running I'll be back.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, LordKraken said:

I think some people are sending you a signal @karri to get that game out ;)

Wizzy is like French wine. It gets better when you wait for it.

On another topic: I got the role of the French taunter in the Spamalot musical. Now I need to learn to speak Swedish with a French accent...

Is there a chance that I send you a few Swedish sentences and you read them out like a Frenchman?

Like:

'Allå! Vem är det?

Den här borgen tillhör min herre, Guy de Loimbard! Det franska tryffelsvinet.

Hämtez le catapult!

Hämtez la vache!

Hämtez le can-can-dansöser!

Qu'est ce-que c'est?

C'est un lapin, un grand lapin de bois.

Ah, det är klart. Det är könst. Hallå, fransmän! Kom ut och titta på vårt nya könstföremål.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

I can totally do that, it's going to sound totally like skånska, if you ever got the "chance" to hear that dialect :D

Wonderful!

Yep. My cousin lived in Malmö. Sounds like a swede talking with a hot potato in his mouth. You cannot understand a word.

I will  PM you the text with French accent. Perhaps you could return a sound clip.

877341337_AuditionRST-23.thumb.jpg.bac169f99078a3ae64c6b6d5147e17f7.jpg

• Like 1