IGNORED

FS: RetroTink 2X (original) ***SOLD***

eightbit

The original RetroTink 2X is no longer manufactured or sold and honestly it is a shame. The new RetroTink "mini" is $90 and only supports composite. The RetroTink 2X "pro" combines the green connection on the component as a composite double...and I hate that. 

This model was and still is in my opinion the best version of the 2X series as you can connect component, composite and s-video at the same time and cycle through each with a button. The other button provides certain filters like smoothing (which works great on the N64). 

I purchased this some time ago and used it with my HDRetrovision stuff as well as NES on composite and a C64 on the S-video. But, I traveled back in time and went back to a CRT TV because I am an old fuddy-duddy.

So, this is up for grabs. It comes with a mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter, an HDMI cable and a power supply with an on/off power switch. It is in excellent condition.

I am looking for $100 plus $10 shipping for everything. I think I paid $130 for this back when it was available and at least $30 for the power brick, adapter and cable. So, a pretty good deal for someone looking for one of these...especially considering you cannot buy it anymore.

PM if interested!

***SOLD***

retrotink.jpeg

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That seems to be as you said the best of the best.  If I remember right, you can jam say like a Wii into that with either component or composite, then HDMI out the other end into the TV and get a really clean image without any added lag from the device.  Right?

That is correct....although never tried it with the Wii so I guess you'd have to go by other Wii users experiences. I have tried it with:

SMS

Genesis

N64

TG16 (and PC Engine)

C64

Vic-20

NeoGeo

Saturn

NES

Atari 800XL (and 65XE)

Jaguar

AV modded 7800

PS1

Umm...whew...I think that is it...maybe :)

EDIT: Ohh, and a LD player and a VHS :)

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

Its actually still plugged in behind my setup :) But it looks like this: 

image.thumb.png.bada953ebb5e6fabc8a91a61b4ab804e.png

As for the need...this is a good device to have. A swiss army knife of sorts. Always good to have a "way" to connect old stuff to modern TV's, have it look good and experience zero lag. For me however, I have four CRT's. One in use and three in storage. I figure I will probably be dead before I run out of ways to hook my old stuff to vintage displays :)

• Like 1

Ohh, and I realize that stock picture makes it look really big. It's not. Its the size of a normal cell phone charger. It's nice as it has an on/off switch as if you are not aware the RetroTink does not have a power switch. Without a PSU like this it is basically plug it in to turn it on and pull the plug to turn it off...which I am obviously not a fan of.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wing_Commander said:

Sending a PM.. Claiming this!

I need this for my 3DO. Hopefully it will work ok with a US FZ1 via S-video. I was going to wait for the 5X, but that is going to cost like 300 dollars!. ?

And yeah, while the 5X is nice...that price. The RetroTink was originally marketed as a low cost solution to the Framemeister. Now their flagship product is nearing the price of that and now more expensive than the OSSC. I am sure its a great device however, but it's a hefty price.

I never had any issues with the 2X and its picture/performance. This thing is superb...and the price was right.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 9:59 AM, eightbit said:

And yeah, while the 5X is nice...that price. The RetroTink was originally marketed as a low cost solution to the Framemeister. Now their flagship product is nearing the price of that and now more expensive than the OSSC. I am sure its a great device however, but it's a hefty price.

I never had any issues with the 2X and its picture/performance. This thing is superb...and the price was right.

I love my RetroTink 2X "Classic".  Can't say enough good things about it.  The pic below doesn't do it justice, looks much better in person.  @Wing_Commandercongrats on your purchase.  I'm sure you will enjoy it too.

RetroTink 2X.jpg

HDMI output.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's all good, nice one getting it sold fast.  I fell asleep at my keyboard then forgot about it. :D  I'm sure the 3DO will benefit from it more than my Wii would anyway or if I wanted to swap the cable the Nomad.

I think I got lucky then lol.. I jumped on this as soon as I saw this! These are soooo hard to find!  My excitement is off the charts because I will get to fire up my 3DO.., this for which I haven't done for about 6 years now... Well, other than to test to see if that 3DOi repro box collection was legit and working. I am hoping this will work well with my Asus computer monitor..., if not I will have to get a compatible monitor. Makes me wish I never sold my NEC 21 inch CRT. What was I thinking! :(  

8 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I love my RetroTink 2X "Classic".  Can't say enough good things about it.  The pic below doesn't do it justice, looks much better in person.  @Wing_Commandercongrats on your purchase.  I'm sure you will enjoy it too.

RetroTink 2X.jpg

HDMI output.jpg

Thank you! :)  That pitcure quality on your monitor is amazingly sharp and crisp. This might be better than I am expecting. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wing_Commander said:

I think I got lucky then lol.. I jumped on this as soon as I saw this! These are soooo hard to find!  My excitement is off the charts because I will get to fire up my 3DO.., this for which I haven't done for about 6 years now... Well, other than to test to see if that 3DOi repro box collection was legit and working. I am hoping this will work well with my Asus computer monitor..., if not I will have to get a compatible monitor. Makes me wish I never sold my NEC 21 inch CRT. What was I thinking! :(  

EH I'd sell a CRT in a heartbeat...just awful.  If they didn't make LCDs like $1000-2000 in price once you hit the 20" and up size for a square one I'd put a 25" into my Neo Geo to remove that super heavy CRT inside my cabinet.

I guess you did get a bit lucky, have fun with it.  I would have just used it for the Wii, and when I felt the need for a larger than PSOne LCD sized screen, and then my Sega Nomad on a TV and that's it.  I'm sure you'll have it as an active daily driver. ;)  I'm distracted enough anyway, my evercade showed up today with its 10 carts.