IGNORED

Fishing Derby (?)

glurk

2 hours ago, glurk said:

What I need is the EXACT same shark from the 2600 version!  It has to be the same, because it affects the collision detection and gameplay and everything!  Like this:

shark.png.be4f957602f1d6c7877e461f6144effb.png

And it has to be mono-color.  ANTIC mode 6 characters, 4 (or 5) wide, and 2 tall.  Not any room for creativity here, sorry.  I just need to get the pic above into the game, facing left and right, with mouth open and closed.

With my calculations, the original 2600 shark translates to 35 wide pixels,

our "new" shark at 20 pixels is way smaller so we can't have the exact same fish.. some modifications needs to be done !

so unless I'm missing something this is probably the best I can do !?  ↓ 

what do you think ?

image.png.20acc55cee0f2ed29ac3a9a497b53f2d.png

35 pixels wide is just fine!!  I just need it exactly like the original.  That means it will fit in a block of 5-across and 2-down.  And it should be perfectly centered, so when he switches directions, it doesn't 'jump.'  I didn't know if it would need 4 or 5 characters to fit, but if it takes 5, no problem.

I'm visually impaired, so I can't count pixels and do that stuff.  Coding is no issue...

EDIT: If it were shorter in length, the game would be too easy.  It needs to be that wide.

Edited by glurk

Wait.. I thought 1 character is 4x8 pixels, am I right ?

our new (small) shark is already filling 5 horizontal characters.. the big shark needs 9 horizontal characters !

I have used a 4x8 grid below to show what I mean.

If you are ok with this, then I'll send it to you right away (to be honest you didn't need a pixel artist for this ?)

image.png.bbd1abe8c793e4882218e9c664a0c801.png

ANTIC mode 6 characters are 8 pixels wide.  So it will fit in 5.  The game WIP binary I last posted is with a block of 5x2.

I'm sorry I'm not leaving you room to be creative, I just cannot do the graphic myself, I really do have vision issues, retinopathy, and cataracts.  Waiting on some surgeries.  The game is actually finished, except for the shark. 

I see what you want but can't as G2F charmode is Antic4 so not the mode you're using.

Here's them separate:

1105973858_shark_1_toleftside.png.508dca1b9fc5e7620599fa37c394071d.png 1876841201_shark_2_toleftside.png.e95534760954bd150171219b388b609c.png

1070920700_shark_1_torightside.png.9dd84edcb96151d3df21bc1ab7c35d53.png 395907267_shark_2_torightside.png.494f1f97fd7a8898752fd40b0c7e0b99.png

So in the mode you're using is in 1bit (0 & 1) I think.

So you just count/do (even by hand isn't difficult) for each scanline for data (dta) 0 or 1 according to: if is outside (blue) is bit0 and if is inside (black) is bit1.

Of course there are programs and sure someone will appear with one.

As here A8 is in 2:1 ratio 1pixel = 2pixels hi-res for a P.C. so you can also reduce them to be in 1:1 horizontal wide so that a PC (or other?) can convert them into bits0&1?

OK!  I can work quite quickly when I have what I need!  Thanks to TIX's work, it's DONE!  Finally!  So tired of this one...

It's just like the 2600 version, but hopefully prettier.  "OPTION" sets difficulty, indicated by an X (eXpert) by the score.  I didn't add a whole lot graphically, kept close to the original.  I did change the fishermen's hats and added eyes, making them even goofier looking.  Also, a nice effect that makes the fishing lines look underwater, I think it looks pretty good.

I'm calling this FINAL (NTSC) because I've been testing it as I go, I think it's solid.  Play and test, enjoy, let me know if there are any issues.  If not, and no problems are reported, I'll do a PAL palette version then.

Fishing Derby (FINAL)[NTSC].car

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Hope everyone is liking it!!  Here's a challenge.  Play on eXpert with the black X by your score, and beat the computer.  So, 99 X on the left.  And post a picture.

(I myself can't do it...  LOL!)  P.S.  Don't cheat!

Edited by glurk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, glurk said:

Hope everyone is liking it!!  Here's a challenge.  Play on eXpert with the black X by your score, and beat the computer.  So, 99 X on the left.  And post a picture.

(I myself can't do it...  LOL!)  P.S.  Don't cheat!

I cant beat it on regular difficulty............I was pretty close 48-50 and all of a sudden I couldnt "hook" a fish - I swear the code cheats.  Next thing I know it was 48-62

16 minutes ago, Keatah said:

I do have a question about the following screenshot, the way the line is attached to the pole. There's this offset when you're moving to the right..

That's only if you pause the game in Altirra or something, right?  It's a programming issue that could be hard to fix...  I never even noticed it myself.

Edited by glurk