IGNORED

Inky's 7800 score!

Inky

At the local games reseller, I picked up 8 7800 games for $20 today. Among the games (carts only) are:

Super Huey

Crossbow

Crack'ed

Choplifter!

One on One

Karateka

Alien Brigade

and

Midnight Mutants!

Now I just need to download the manuals, and I'm a happy camper!

They still have some games for my 7800 that I don't have, like Dig Dug, Joust and Jinks... Dunno if I want Jinks tho.

I have to say that when I played half these games on an Emu, I wasn't too impressed. Then I played them on the actual 7800. Wow what a differencce!

You'd think I would have learned to not trust an emulator. :) Crossbow was much more enjoyable on the 7800

The "5" rarity of the red end label Ballblazer is highly suspect. There was a thread about it a while ago.

My copy also has the red end label. In fact, most of the people who posted in that thread had the red label. I have yet to see a copy of the game WITHOUT a red label.

The "5" rarity of the red end label Ballblazer is highly suspect.  There was a thread about it a while ago.

My copy also has the red end label.  In fact, most of the people who posted in that thread had the red label.  I have yet to see a copy of the game WITHOUT a red label.

I was wondering about that. I have so few 5's for the 2600 and to just get one out-of-the-blue like that is so unlike me. :roll:

That, and the hunting I had to do to get the Rarity 2 Super Baseball for the 2600 was ridiculous...

Voch

That, and the hunting I had to do to get the Rarity 2 Super Baseball for the 2600 was ridiculous...

I think a lot of the red label games have low rarities because Atari produced a ton of them but distribution was weak... so a lot sat in warehouses. The only red label game I EVER saw in a retail store was Solaris, which I bought at a Shopko store in Austin, MN in about 1988.

So... in the U.S., at least, red label games may be hard to find in the wild, but a lot of them are still shrinkwrapped and in the possession of O'Shea, Ltd., just waiting for you to snatch them up.

No Super Baseball though! (BTW, just how different is that game, really, from RealSports Baseball?)

Crossbow and Alien brigade are fantastic. I used to play crossbow in the arcades many moon ago so imagine my surprise to find it on the 7800. :ponder: Also it is still a really cool game. Talking of it has made me want to play it but I still have another 4 and a half hours of work to get through. Life is cool :? Well it either that or Battle engine Aquila from Atari games... :)

The "5" rarity of the red end label Ballblazer is highly suspect. There was a thread about it a while ago.

My copy also has the red end label. In fact' date=' most of the people who posted in that thread had the red label. I have yet to see a copy of the game WITHOUT a red label.[/quote']

I have one with and one without the red label... :P

There is another game I have that has a red label as well.

There is another game I have that has a red label as well.

Really? What game is that?

Mitch

Hmm you know I was thinking red label' date=' but when I looked they were games with red text on the end label. Which I think is pretty common.[/quote']

Yeah, they're pretty common. Thanks for checking.

Mitch