IGNORED

M Network Demonstration Carts

Atari_Bill

A while ago I picked up this International Soccer Demonstration cart from M Network.  

21134A0F-264C-43ED-90C0-9F482F187A7D.thumb.jpeg.e42be69f1481e0414ff1f04927fb4c00.jpeg

I recently found what I assume I be another even though the Notice note is not affixed.   Here is a Star Strike.

3E13050A-33C9-44EC-ABC4-DE2D76BB07E4.thumb.jpeg.ce3223727c6b8b6a08b92fa0d3f6cdd3.jpeg

Just curious, has anyone seen this type of label in use on M Network for anything other than demonstration carts?   It’s definitely different than the INTV later white labels and it is copyrighted Mattel, Inc.  

• Like 1

Ok. Thanks for checking.

I do remember seeing M-Network carts with labels like that. (black & white oversized with sharp edges) I would occasionally see them in the wild, way back in my hunting days when I used to hit the flea market, thrift shop, and garage sale circuit. But ironically I would purposely pass on them because they just looked crappy to me.

17 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

A while ago I picked up this International Soccer Demonstration cart from M Network.  

21134A0F-264C-43ED-90C0-9F482F187A7D.thumb.jpeg.e42be69f1481e0414ff1f04927fb4c00.jpeg

I recently found what I assume I be another even though the Notice note is not affixed.   Here is a Star Strike.

3E13050A-33C9-44EC-ABC4-DE2D76BB07E4.thumb.jpeg.ce3223727c6b8b6a08b92fa0d3f6cdd3.jpeg

Just curious, has anyone seen this type of label in use on M Network for anything other than demonstration carts?   It’s definitely different than the INTV later white labels and it is copyrighted Mattel, Inc.  

AFAIK demonstration carts only.

8)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ok, managed to add another M Network demo cart to the collection.  Check the Astroblast below.  

Also picked up an interesting Armor Ambush.  I’m going to assume this is likely just a hand made label, but I’m not 100% sure.  Anyone ever see a label font like this?  It has a small hand written ‘002’ along the right side of the label.  What also strikes me as odd is the texture of the cart.  It’s not smooth at all.  It’s very bumpy all over.  Different than any other M Network I’ve seen.  

IMG_1604.thumb.jpeg.d24e8bbb20168e13f2d8aa0520e59f4e.jpeg

IMG_1605.thumb.jpeg.1aeb03f63ed400fa5aaffdc38b098a75.jpeg

IMG_1606.thumb.jpeg.df3ffd1a706d34f267ed8f4a35b03307.jpeg

Is the Armor Ambush cart sticky or is there residue? It looks to me like the plastic is breaking down. If this was factory original, I would expect the texture to be more even (and other examples would be known).

I once saw a video with some Gameboy cartridges that had deteriorated in a very similar manner.  I do not know if the cause was ever conclusively identified, but the theory was something in the storage environment reacted badly with the plastic.  

36 minutes ago, jhd said:

Is the Armor Ambush cart sticky or is there residue? It looks to me like the plastic is breaking down. If this was factory original, I would expect the texture to be more even (and other examples would be known).

I once saw a video with some Gameboy cartridges that had deteriorated in a very similar manner.  I do not know if the cause was ever conclusively identified, but the theory was something in the storage environment reacted badly with the plastic.  

Not sticky at all.  Plastic feels solid and normal other than the texture.  

1 hour ago, 351cougar said:

not wanting to waste production grade cases , you will use wherever is laying around to send to test / eval. could be a case mold sample . 4 or 5 runs of varying plastic types textures etc laying around. 

That was my thinking as well.   Looking closely you can see the outline of the sticker on top of both that said it was for demonstration only and to keep it with you at all times.