IGNORED

Any way to still get a Phoenix I found out too late?!?!?

bwestdpm

2 hours ago, zaphro72 said:

Collectorvision is working on making another run but with current world supply chain issues it isn’t anticipated until 2023 right now

Where was this discussed? Last they said during run 2 was that it would most likely be the last. I don't think I've seen any posts here about plans for a 3rd run. Unless I missed it. 

Edited by nick3092

6 minutes ago, nick3092 said:

Well, that is somewhat annoying that they seem to be abandoning discussions here for FB instead. 

I have to agree with this.  I'm not asking for all discussions to be here, but significant updates such as discussed above should also be posted here in the CollectorVision forum.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

I have to agree with this.  I'm not asking for all discussions to be here, but significant updates such as discussed above should also be posted here in the CollectorVision forum.

The reason why there's no Phoenix 3rd batch update is simply because it is not 100% sure yet
We'll post here once we're 100% sure we'll do another run

We are still posting here, but we also post some exclusive sneak peek on our FB page

• Like 2

Really hope you guys do a 3rd run

i know many of us coleco supporters like me didn’t know about this and would love the chance to order. It was mentioned on here that one just sold on eBay for over $500 so even if you guys raise the price a bit to cover productioN I know I’d buy one.

18 minutes ago, bwestdpm said:

Really hope you guys do a 3rd run

i know many of us coleco supporters like me didn’t know about this and would love the chance to order. It was mentioned on here that one just sold on eBay for over $500 so even if you guys raise the price a bit to cover productioN I know I’d buy one.

Nothing has been announced yet, simply because of the current situation (pandemic) 
We don't want to take any pre-order and let people wait in the dark because there might (or not) be problem(s) in manufacturing the Phoenix (i.e: chip shortage, delays etc.)

So once things start geting back to ''normal'', we'll post here and make sure everyone is aware of the 3rd batch pre-orders

1 hour ago, retroillucid said:

The reason why there's no Phoenix 3rd batch update is simply because it is not 100% sure yet
We'll post here once we're 100% sure we'll do another run

We are still posting here, but we also post some exclusive sneak peek on our FB page

Fair enough and thanks for clarifying.  How about some exclusive AA info too ?

Yes, there is no logical reason to abandon this site, or to not include us in your "exclusive" offers. I still don't have a Phoenix yet (and can't yet play my 2021 secret club games, either, because you've not released the ROMs), and so I'd appreciate very much being kept in the loop and everything not just being subsumed to Facebook, which I do not support nor engage in. We all will thank you for not forgetting us in Atariage.

• Like 2

I just wish the video compatibility issues could be fixed.  It has been mostly radio silence and suggested workarounds, but nothing as far as an actual solution.  I want to like my Phoenix, and would even be willing to buy a second one, but not in its current state.

10 hours ago, Sargon said:

I just wish the video compatibility issues could be fixed.  It has been mostly radio silence and suggested workarounds, but nothing as far as an actual solution.  I want to like my Phoenix, and would even be willing to buy a second one, but not in its current state.

Supposedly work on the pixel clock fix for the core will be starting again soon, per Retrolucid about a week ago. But considering this fix was supposed to be delivered almost 1.5 years ago (pretty sure the original ETA was Oct 2020), I'm not holding my breath. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is an alternative for a "new - made in 2024" Colecovision console:   

The CV-NUC+   ( currently being sold by The The Brewing Academy )

https://thebrewingacademy.com/collections/colecovision-coleco-adam-hardware-consoles/products/the-cv-nuc-a-colecovision-clone-that-fits-in-the-palm-of-your-hand?variant=40158960549990

I have this console system and I really like it! It is now my "daily driver" for my Colecovision setup.