IGNORED

Go 2600, do the Rob Hubbard!

Cybergoth

Wow, I ask for one and I get two Commando tunes... hope the two for one special offer will last :D

Anyway I actually think the ingame music sounds less off-pitch than the hiscore one, even thou it's of course a little more messed up!

Cool stuff!!

Regards,

Rasty.-

i dont remember who did it, but the music from the original c64 driller* was awesome (had some of the halloween theme music in it,) and a really long windy opening. had a really good evil-sounding vibe.  

*space station obilivion in the us? solid 3d first person adventure game.

Yes, it was called Space Station Oblivion in the US.

The composer was Matt Gray, who also did the classic Last Ninja 2 music, along with Hunter's Moon loader, Quedex and lots of goodness.

He now writes pop music btw... and you've probably heard something he's co-written over the years.

Hi Manuel!!

Oh WOW!! Haven't checked back to this thread in a while so I've only just heard your Sanxion tunes. Absolutely fantastic! And that 2nd track from the game (which is, of course, 'Montegues and Capulets' from Prokofiev's 'Romeo and Juliet') - you legend! That sounded every bit as menacing as it did on the C64.

I'd suggest doing a 2600 version of Sanxion to put them in, only the game itself wasn't that hot (not that I played it much as I usually just stopped the tape to listen to the music:) )

Come to think of it, a simple hack of ESB should provide you with a passable Sanxion :ponder:

Oh, for all those people who don't know what the hell the original Sanxion music sounded like, I've just put together a little flash movie of the loader (with the original graphics and music) for you (it's about 1.9Mb).

Enjoy:)

Sanxion loading screen

Oh, for all those people who don't know what the hell the original Sanxion music sounded like, I've just put together a little flash movie of the loader (with the original graphics and music) for you (it's about 1.9Mb).

Enjoy:)

Sanxion loading screen

cool! i was waiting to the end to see if the game loaded too! :)

Lee

cool! i was waiting to the end to see if the game loaded too!

There was a game at the end of the music? Oooh:)

Brighton!? Gah! Just as I moved away from it.

Still, I don't imagine it's much of a performance piece:)

Hi there!

wow i think the in game commando music is the most impressive i've heard so far. i cant wait to see what pops up next. hope its driller or something galway :-)

The Driller music is a problem. It's with some 15 minutes way to long to cram into 4K. All stuff I did so far were either 30 or 60 second loops.

But I'll try some Galway soon. My major fear though is that the trademark "galway" sound does not translate that well...

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Wow, I ask for one and I get two Commando tunes... hope the two for one special offer will last :D

Ok, so the good news is, here's both tunes from Monty on the Run. And I dare saying they are the best so far! :music:

The bad new is that Cracy Comets doesn't translate well. I think it's using digi-drums and so too much gets lost in the process. Sounds horrible. I didn't get the Pandora tune sounding like anything that pleased me either and the same is with Rambo.

I hopy you enjoy Monty though. On with the quest...

Greetings,

Manuel

rob6.zip