IGNORED

Go 2600, do the Rob Hubbard!

Cybergoth

So I guess nobody's game to try 50 Cent?

Ironically that would probably be the easiest melody for an Atari to reproduce. It's a very simple series of notes: duh-da, duh-da, and then in a lower pitch DUH-DA. The only thing that would make it complex would be having the beat in the background at the same time.

Why can't I play these Monty tunes after I unzip them? What do I need?

Open them up in an emulator, they're ROM images.

I just started following this thread, and as a huge fan of the C64/SID over the years, I'd like to say "WOW!". I didn't think the 2600 could do any sort of decent music. Sanxion translated extremely well (and if you haven't heard the Amiga/MOD version, you should download it :). It's one of my all time fav tunes.

I'm wondering if there isn't already a SID to A8/5200 converter out there.

Brian

Hi there!

Manuel' date=' are you planning to distribute this tool for others to use?[/quote']

"Planning" is the perfect word :)

Well, basically I don't want to write a manual or workshop, maintain a homepage, support end users, etc.

I just wrote it more or less for 2600 game developers, in particular for my very own next game.

People wanting to use it will need to know how a source code is compiled with DASM (Though no assembly skills are required), and they need to have at least a little knowledge about both the SID and the TIA.

It's general usage is probably ~ as easy as using some of the hacking tools.

Well, if someone with a little more hacking experience and some clues about chiptune music would volunteer to manage the public side of the project and do all the *dirty* works like writing a user guide, I'd be happy to give it in public hands. (Actually Al already offered a host, so webspace is no problem)

Greetings,

Manuel

There should (fingers crossed) be a DVD of the entire concert (which consisted of performances by "Stuck in the 80s", Rob Hubbard solo set and "Press Play on Tape") available to buy sometime within a month or so... once it's all been editted together and the audio remastered and repaired...