IGNORED

INTV Cart Screw Size.

BBWW

Anyone here know the size designation of the screws used to attach the backs and the carts to the top piece? I lost a bag of screws. I need to order 2000 or so...

I understand the danger of any post here with "SCREW" in it. LOL

You are talking about game cartridge screws, correct? I just pulled one and it is a flat-head screw, 2.2 mm x 10mm thread length, with a 30 degree standard plastic thread pitch. Hundreds of places to order from. Also referred to as self tapping screws for plastic. The link below is one option showing you a chart.

https://www.fastenright.com/general-fixings/phillips-pan-head-thread-forming-screw-plastic/tfs08

I hope this helps.

The head of screw diameter is 5mm, but there is enough room to accept a 6mm diameter maximum to fit into the recess.

Edited by walldog1
Addition
  • Thanks 1

It seems to me that Mattel would use whatever screws they had available based on the many consoles I have taken apart. I've seen 4 different styles of case screws, 3 or 4 different power switch screws, etc. Anyways, there is only about a slight difference in length and thread width is still equal according to picture. Different game manufacturers could use whatever bolt that worked as well. It is just plastic, not steel where pitch would matter. Heck, you could even use sheet metal screws or self tappers if you wanted to.

Also, you need to move the screw head back 1 mm or so to line up with 10mm mark or 0mm mark to get an accurate length measurement. On Pan head screws, length starts after the head. A beveled counter sunk screw length would be measured from top of the head. The world of nuts, bolts, and screws is quite screwy! 25 years as an ASE auto technician and 10 years in manufacturing maintenance, I learned way more than I needed to about fasteners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BBWW said:

So we are looking at M 2.2 10mm, Zinc Black screws. Lots of sources in China. About 4 weeks shipping.

Probably the best lest costly source. I don't know if 5mm diameter of the pan head is standard size of that size screw, but good idea to verify. Both screws pictured above appear to have a 5mm diameter of the pan head. Did they have a CAD drawing of the screw to confirm?

Edited by walldog1

• 2 weeks later...