IGNORED

Theme Park misadventures

MegaData

Hey all,

I've been playing Theme Park quite a bit lately. (as well as HyperForce, Cannon Fodder, and recently completed Rayman) I had Theme Park freeze up on me after getting the monorail (and tried to put two entrances on the same track) which led to a black screen, which deleted everyone's saved games on the cartridge. Ooops!

Um, using the monorail normally still appears to create problems with the game, though I turn off the game when problems appear now, instead of letting it delete saved games. So, is there a bug with the monorail in everyone's Theme Park cartridge, or was I just "lucky?"

Hey all,

I've been playing Theme Park quite a bit lately. (as well as HyperForce, Cannon Fodder, and recently completed Rayman) I had Theme Park freeze up on me after getting the monorail (and tried to put two entrances on the same track) which led to a black screen, which deleted everyone's saved games on the cartridge. Ooops!

Um, using the monorail normally still appears to create problems with the game, though I turn off the game when problems appear now, instead of letting it delete saved games. So, is there a bug with the monorail in everyone's Theme Park cartridge, or was I just "lucky?"

I had my game Theme Park just freeze up but it didnt deleted any saved games.

It's been a little too long since I played the game, but I do recall the game freezing up on me a couple of times. I don't remember specific circumstances, but it was always after many hours of hard work, with a FULL park.

Also, I don't remember the save function actually SAVING the park itself, only the money. I know the manual says it works, but I actually called the corporate office way back when, and was told it that that part of the game was scrapped or never completed...something. Not enough room on the cartridge, I THINK that's what I was told.

The "save" function from the "options" menu only works if you press "9" and see the park status screen. Then you must "quit" the Theme Park you've saved without resetting the game and do not turn off the cartridge. Then the "continue" option will be available.

To actually "save" a game, you must sell your park and it will give you the screen window to enter a saved game name. The game manual says, "Info saved is: Balance and which countries you have completed." Then you can turn off the game when you go to the world map. Each time you create a Theme Park in a selected country you must start all over, but with the balance you have accumulated from your other parks. I assume the game ends when you have made a Theme Park in all of the countries available to choose from. The trick is to accumulate enough cash to buy land in different countries.