IGNORED

Mobile Atari Gaming

snicklin

Wonderful thread!  Atari games are some of the best "pick up and play" titles in my collection.  With only a half an hour lunch or breaks between shows, it's nice to be able to play a round of Pac-man, dig dug, asteroids etc.  My two go to devices I use are either my Steam deck or my PSP Go.  For emulation on the PSP, I'm using a custom fw called pro-c and have an emulator called PSP Atari/ PSP2600.  For Steam Deck, I'm using the 50th collection and Stella or w/e core Emudeck chose for 5200, 8bit and 7800.

-Csolo

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

I use my 2016 MacBook Pro, running Atari800MacX, usually when I'm going somewhere that includes a motel stay. When I really want to go mobile I use something that no one esle here has mentioned, the Atari Flashback Portable. I have two of them, the 2017 model and the 2018 model, that add a rewind button and save button. The save button also loads your saved games. I know a lot of people hate the AFP but it works for me and I got both of them cheap. With a 256MB micro sd card I have over 1,000 games that I can play on the AFP.

Edited by magnusfalkirk

5 hours ago, magnusfalkirk said:

When I really want to go mobile I use something that no one esle here has mentioned, the Atari Flashback Portable.

Nobody has mentioned it because -- even though not stated explicitly -- it's implied by the forum and content of the initial post, that 8-bit computer gaming is the subject.

13 minutes ago, MichaG said:

I use the Anbernic RG351p running RetroArch for my Atari 8bit Games. It supports A2600, A7800, Lynx and GBA, too.

image.thumb.jpeg.3a9fab974750672e7489fd009eea5772.jpeg

It's powerful, cheap and easy to handle.

Cool. Like the display sizr and controls. How's it handle Dude story, Time Wizard and ADoom? 

My yellow one is being delivered tomorrow apparently. It will be replacing my Anbernic RG351M, RG351MP and Miyoo Mini+. Looking forward to vertical arcade I don't need to squint at!

Edit: I am looking to sell my Anbernic devices, the RG351M and RG351MP if anyone is interested.

I'm keeping the Miyoo Mini+ just because it's so adorable!

Edited by Mr Robot
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 3:56 PM, ClausB said:

My kid's old Android 2.2 tablet has Colleen and Droid800. Also the Zed Ex ZX81 emulator and a Sudoku game. Oh, and X-Plane 9. Still has decent battery life, so those apps keep it going.

20240113_110456.jpg

• Like 1