IGNORED

Season 20 Round 3 - Dr. Mario

asponge

I feel like it's time for a classic...

DrMarioCart.jpg.ae6cc3a5f883a5f22a0fabac20247e75.jpg DrMarioScreenshot.png.b1146f7ec7f8833840ffff0ae2a77e7b.png

Game Rules:
Use the defaults:

Virus Level 00

Speed Med

Manual

Score Post Deadline: Sunday February 13 at 11:59 PM CST

AtariAge High Score:

281,100 by S.BAZ posted on 6/12/2013

Scores as of 2/13:

crade        447,400
mbd39        233,800
fakecortex    90,400
agb           41,200
asponge       31,000
Frozone212    12,600
roadrunner     7,600

Season Standings:

Scoreboard.png.70b22d488765afd7c723954fa730905e.png

General HSC Season Rules:

• To participate, just post a score to the thread. Anyone can join in at any time.
  • A picture or screenshot is encouraged when posting a score but not required.
  • The season is 15 rounds long.
  • Games will be posted on Sundays and run two weeks through Sunday at 11:59 PM CST.
  • Do not exploit game glitches, take advantage of 1-up loops or intentionally die in order to replay a level.
  • If "point pressing" is not specified in the game rules you should be moving forward in an attempt to complete/loop the game and not "camping" for points.
  • No emulator save states, slow-mo, rewind, etc.
  • No cheats, e.g. Konami code, Game Genie, etc.
  • Turbo controllers are allowed.
  • Season points are awarded according to the following chart:
    1110848006_ScoreChart.png.e4e6c238b16cc1de0a8133d7d8dfa42d.png

12 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Okay. Everybody else is vying for second place this week. Nice score!

Sorry I play a lot of Dr. Mario, it's my go-to game on my phone (it's great because of those huge left and right borders give lots of space for onscreen buttons)

Couldn't resist when I saw it was up!

if you can beat level 20, I don't think actually gets any harder afterward it just repeats the same

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

Confused on how this works. Do we keep playing until we die then post? or can we continue on death?

Play till you die, no continues.

19 hours ago, crade said:

Finally got on a roll!

447400  Level 24

"finally"?!?!...hahah wow.

wow.

How long were you playing for? I felt like my run was a while, and I think it was 1.5hrs (will have to time next time).

Been trying to practice level 20...HA ?

Edited by fakecortex

18 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Play till you die, no continues.

"finally"?!?!...hahah wow.

wow.

How long were you playing for? I felt like my run was a while, and I think it was 1.5hrs (will have to time next time).

Been trying to practice level 20...HA ?

I played 3 games in about 4 hours ish all told for this contest ( so far ).  I said finally because it was my third game (not quite but basically in a row) yesterday starting from lev 0, (which as you say takes a while) and the first two I died on lev 21 and didn't beat S.BAZ score when I usually play on my phone on high speed starting at lev 20 and usually can get further than 21 even on high speed it's harder on the phone because the buttons are just software and have no feedback so I knew I could do better than lev 21. 

If you didn't know, you can hold down and the blocks will zoom down to help you get past the lower levels faster until it starts getting challenging for you

Edited by crade
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, crade said:

If you didn't know, you can hold down and the blocks will zoom down to help you get past the lower levels faster until it starts getting challenging for you

Yeah, I have to keep myself from speeding up as I try to get better at planning ahead, haha. 

13 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

does this get added to my current score?

Your updated scores replace your old ones on the score board. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

I've got this damned game seared into my brain and I refuse to play if my score isn't added to my previous. It's hard enough playing on medium.

Adding scores doesn’t really make sense for a high score competition...I honestly don’t know when that would make sense. But all skill levels are welcome, the more the merrier. When the first few spots are out of reach, I set myself a goal score to reach. 

I love playing this game in 2 player mode, so fun. 

• Like 2

On 2/4/2022 at 3:31 PM, Frozone212 said:

I've got this damned game seared into my brain and I refuse to play if my score isn't added to my previous. It's hard enough playing on medium.

Whatever points from Dr. Mario will get added to your previous points from Road Runner and Rollergames and solomon's key for your total score.  Is that what you mean?  They will just take the highest score that you post for Dr. Mario itself to figure out your place for Dr. Mario, but your points from Dr. Mario get added to your previous points for your overall score so far in the HSC.

• Like 2