IGNORED

Affinity Sorrow - new Genesis game from Second Dimension

derFunkenstein

I backed as well, but I can't help but think they jumped the gun a bit on the Kickstarter campaign.  Based on previous experience with Kickstarter projects, a Dec 2024 estimated delivery date means that it won't likely be delivered until 2025 at the earliest.  Maybe they need the funding now, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who aren't going to be willing to put money aside for a game that is at least 3 years away.

• Like 2

My concern is that there were a lot of typos in the promotions for it. That makes me wonder what the quality control of the script will be like. A longish RPG with a lot of typos would be hard for me to enjoy.

Did anybody play their previous game Curse of Illmoore Bay? I had some major issues with it, though it’s hard to tell how much of that is Antstream lag. What’s stranger is how absent discussion of it online is. There are no real reviews at all.

• Like 1

I have not played Illmoore Bay and didn't even know about it until it was already done essentially. John Handcock did a brief review of for his YT channel being played on his MegaSG I think it what he uses and he state the controls were good.

I did back their project for Enyra Crow Maiden for the Genesis but haven't received it. So I don't have anything prior to go off of personally. I'm interested in Affinit Sorrow but given that their target date isn't until 2024 does give me pause. Especially after Paprium and Darius Extra...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, 2024 is a ways off for sure. I'm hopeful that they're just being realistic or even a little generous in the time it takes to complete. That the 2021 NES game was supposed to be released last year but still hasn't been does give me some pause. 

I plan to still be upright and taking nourishment in 2025, so fingers crossed. They collected the payment today, so I'm all in now. 

On 2/6/2022 at 5:21 PM, jgkspsx said:

My concern is that there were a lot of typos in the promotions for it. That makes me wonder what the quality control of the script will be like. A longish RPG with a lot of typos would be hard for me to enjoy.

Did anybody play their previous game Curse of Illmoore Bay? I had some major issues with it, though it’s hard to tell how much of that is Antstream lag. What’s stranger is how absent discussion of it online is. There are no real reviews at all.

More of a hot take but I posted a review on the games Steam page.  I see there is one other review too.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1535880/The_Curse_of_Illmoore_Bay/

The genesis scene feels more disconnected.. maybe smaller than the 2600 community?  It also has some who spurn games made with anything but C and assembly.  I wouldn't call it blacklisting but some titles get inadvertently ignored.

• Thanks 1