IGNORED

I am very happy :)

TXG/MNX

Hi,

I am very happy I just got my Jag dev system.

1x US DEV jag + 2Mb alpine board.

Everything is tested 100%...

I was playing around with it and it's very cool stuff.... time to learn more about the jag.... :D

Are we going to see some old school Atari 8-bit portovers from you? :D

Hmm maybe I will do that. I am not an advanced 68K coder but I am interested in the Jag programming. I have some ideas to. The most important thing for a game is that it must be fun, addictive and good game-play.

TXG/MNX

Ps. Would be cool to port an 6502 emulation engine, would make porting 8-bit games much easier :D

Hi,

I was playing around with it and it's very cool stuff.... time to learn more about the jag.... :D

Hmm maybe I will do that. I am not an advanced 68K coder but I am interested in the Jag programming. I have some ideas to. The most important thing for a game is that it must be fun, addictive and good game-play.

TXG/MNX

Ps. Would be cool to port an 6502 emulation engine, would make porting 8-bit games much easier :D

All man, To see Spy vs Spy, 1,2,3 or Jump-man and MULE boot up on the Jag would make my day!

Hi,

TXG/MNX

All man, To see Spy vs Spy, 1,2,3 or Jump-map and MULE boot up on the Jag would make my day!

I'd like to see some "reverse engineering" projects occur; I think that "Painter" would make an excellent game for either the 8-bits or the Lynx. :)

Sorely needed for the Jaguar: "Joust", "Rampart", "Klax", "Bristles".

Hi,

TXG/MNX

There's already something pretty much done in the Atari HQ CD-ROM, as in the source for the 2600 Emulator.

Hi,

TXG/MNX

There's already something pretty much done in the Atari HQ CD-ROM, as in the source for the 2600 Emulator.

As T-Bird kindly pointed out, early working copy of source code for Dave Staugas's 2600 emulator for the Jaguar is on the Atari HQ CD. In the code he has GPU code written to interpret each 6502 instruction. Some of it may be salvagable or at least help generate some ideas.

There is some Alpine code that can be loaded and run. It brings up a few different 2600 games. Runs extremely slow.

Too bad the Virtual VCS developers had dropped their work when they got wind of Dave Staugas was working on a 2600 emulator. Dave commented to me in 1998 at World of Atari that he had taken a wrong direction in the emulation and would've restarted coding on his emulation if things at Atari had continued.

And by the way, congrats on getting an Alpine! I think you will truly enjoy using it. :D

Glenn

Hi,

TXG/MNX

As T-Bird kindly pointed out, early working copy of source code for Dave Staugas's 2600 emulator for the Jaguar is on the Atari HQ CD. In the code he has GPU code written to interpret each 6502 instruction. Some of it may be salvagable or at least help generate some ideas.

There is some Alpine code that can be loaded and run. It brings up a few different 2600 games. Runs extremely slow.

Too bad the Virtual VCS developers had dropped their work when they got wind of Dave Staugas was working on a 2600 emulator. Dave commented to me in 1998 at World of Atari that he had taken a wrong direction in the emulation and would've restarted coding on his emulation if things at Atari had continued.

And by the way, congrats on getting an Alpine! I think you will truly enjoy using it. :D

Glenn

My information says that the Virtual VCS was dropped simply because Atari failed to provide any support for the deverloper. They had their own "in-house" 2600 emulator project going on and naturally figured it would be much better.

hmm I will order the Atari HQ CD soon...

Is there anyone who has the diskette images of the atari development toolkit that's described in the Jaguars developers manual ?

http://www.atari-jaguar64.de/prog_info/library/

I already had this one, but in the dev manual an installation from floppy is described so I would like to have these disk images...