IGNORED

Sega Master System (SMS)

chaoticjelly

You just say that to make me jealous!   :P

Not at all. I fully expect you too will end up with a complete set. :D

BTW, what imports do you have now?  I'm guessing that I'm no longer doing better than you on that front either.   ;)

I think the last one I picked up was Rampart, but I don't have my list in front of me right now (I'm on the wrong computer). I'll post the list later. :)

BTW, what imports do you have now?  I'm guessing that I'm no longer doing better than you on that front either.   ;)

I think the last one I picked up was Rampart, but I don't have my list in front of me right now (I'm on the wrong computer). I'll post the list later. :)

You know what I'm really Jonesin' for? A Japanese version of "Enduro Racer". Wouldn't know how to even begin to look for one. Maybe I should ask Omar ...

So many replies!

Glad to see there are so MANY who still love the "system" :D

I've got around 800 carts, mostly boxed with instructions, and a lot of those are swaps... I've nearly got all the EURO releases, and I've got some Brazilian and some US carts.

I will try and get a list of what I need!

What is everyones favourite game?

Alex Kidd in Miracle World really is a classic! I also like Dick Tracy, Ghouls N Ghosts, and Phantasy Star is just amazing, the graphics are so advanced, and the SMS has my favourite peripheral! The 3-D Glasses, aren't they just the coolest peripheral ever???

What does everyone think?

i wonder how difficult this system would be to produce homebrews for. While carts may be difficult to produce, the card slot seems like it would be fairly easy to reproduce (like the lynx, or turbo graphx)

i always liked the sound system for the SMS. It had that trademark whiney sound. The tunes on Outrun to me actually rock a little harder on the SMS than they do in the arcade, but maybe im just weird like that :P