IGNORED

Live-A-Live Octopath Traveler-style remake coming to Switch!

jgkspsx

This "deep 2D" pixel art remake looks stellar: 

(lol he pronounces the name wrong. that better not be the official pronunciation because it's obviously lIV-a-LIEve.)

If you haven't played it, you're in for a real treat. It's my favorite RPG that got stuck in Japan. It's what inspired Octopath Traveler, but it's... a whole lot better than Octopath Traveler, at least in terms of plot.

• Like 2

I've never played it, intended to when amateurly translated by kids back in the later 90s but never did.  I'm pretty tempted to try it out as I'm sure it's solid and probably at least lightly enhanced with some quality of life fixes so it doesn't feel as old, that is, if it needs that.

Square went all out, it's nuts.

• Like 3

Square/Enix really did blast some titles out this go round!  I'm excited for Live-A-Live.   I'll be picking up Chrono Cross and I already have Triangle Strategy pre-ordered.  I'm a sucker for this stuff.

I'm still hopeful that the rumors about the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters coming to Switch are accurate, because again, sucker.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2022 at 9:34 AM, jgkspsx said:

(lol he pronounces the name wrong. that better not be the official pronunciation because it's obviously lIV-a-LIEve.)

That's actually how the title is pronounced, even according to the original SFC box.

(I agree that lIV-a-LIEve sounds better)

Edited by newtmonkey
  • Like 1