IGNORED

Tips And Advice On Buying and Mailing Japanese Games and Console To The US

Atariboy2600

This year me and my roommate are trying to head over to Akihabara Tokyo Japan (once and if Japan open for tourist) Ill be hitting out on many Japanese retro gaming stores like HARD-OFF used junk from games, consoles and even some old collectables and was wondering  if anyone here knows the tips and advice on mailing stuff from there to hear seeing it would take up too much space on the baggage plane and may need to mail them from Japan to US. 

EHPHrTvX0AAbM-K.png

Cj8GpLgUYAIOCyM.png

m1j56DL.png

maxresdefault.png

Is there a Japanese equivalent of the UPS store that can pack and arrange shipments for you? 

Some years ago I purchased a large quantity of books that I was unable to bring as part of my luggage. I found a business that, for a fee, would box-up and ship everything for me. It was expensive, but finding boxes, packing materials, etc., and transporting everything to the post office was just too inconvenient for a tourist unfamiliar with the city (and lacking a personal vehicle). Granted, this was not in Japan, but the same principle applies.  

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 9:38 PM, youxia said:

I've heard about people having problems receiving lightguns, because there's some customs law in the US against importing imitation firearms. You couldn't make it up, really.

Yeah apparently effects exporting from US as well I was reluctant to buy a magnavox odyssey rifle because it looks like a real rifle to laypeople, luckily I found one here in the UK. 

I think Jhd has the right idea, there is packing companies that will deal with bulk goods that know legal stuff and will sort it out for you. Doing small packages to yourself might be viable but if you can't get it in one box then having someone else deal with it is possibly the better way to go. It's a premium service but takes into account the time and labour it saves you dealing with it too. 

Not sure what Japan to US is like, but Japan to UK is always dirt cheap and quick, I've got things quicker from Japan than Europe in the past, and certainly faster than the US. 

• Like 1