IGNORED

Fred Quimby: Lifetime Achievement Award

sramirez2008

I haven't seen the awards at all, but I guessed the winner many weeks ago. Fred @batari was at number 1 on my list and I don't mind saying so. I've never met Fred in person, but If I did get the chance one day it would be fun and a pleasure.

Fred has given us all a chance to be game creators through Batari Basic. He's also created the Harmony cart which has moved development of 2600 games forward by leaps and bounds. I'm pretty sure he has spent many thousands of hours for the love of this hobby helping put together boards for Al, and volunteering in many, many ways that I and others don't even know about. I haven't even mentioned the 7800 cart as I'm mostly a 2600 guy.

I remember Fred added missing levels for Donkey Kong and Venture. That was very cool, and became part of my inspiration for doing Venture Reloaded. Fred is a clever guy, and has wrote some very smart snippets of code. He has also always been a guy who is friendly and helping to others. All in all Fred is a really great recipient for this award.

Thank you for everything Fred!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1