IGNORED

Best "modern" peripherals to an ST

On 2/19/2022 at 8:07 AM, youxia said:

I often wonder the hell were they smoking while making this decision.

It seems to be because joystick/mouse controllers were on the keyboard itself, and the keyboard is mounted at an angle inside the STf-styled case that there weren't a whole lot of other options.   Also the STf/e machines tend to have ports/slots/floppy in the back in every location you could stick something also.   I think the location they picked was the most economical.  Maybe they could have done something to make it more accessible from the front of the case, I don't know.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:25 PM, zzip said:

It seems to be because joystick/mouse controllers were on the keyboard itself, and the keyboard is mounted at an angle inside the STf-styled case that there weren't a whole lot of other options.   Also the STf/e machines tend to have ports/slots/floppy in the back in every location you could stick something also.   I think the location they picked was the most economical.  Maybe they could have done something to make it more accessible from the front of the case, I don't know.

The worse part though is that if the mouse or joystick cord gets yanked hard than it breaks the connections in the ports and that keeps the keyboard from working because the IBKD chip gets hung up from the bad signal.

Defintely a design flaw...

• 1 month later...