IGNORED

Just a Thank-You

Chris+++

I missed the forums and have signed up again after a few years' break, and as I've been looking over the multitude of boards and browsing the AA Store, it's dawned on me that this overall website represents a massive amount of work. I guess that's pretty obvious, but it's something that I perhaps took for granted in prior years. I joined in 2002 when I was...well, not 50 and therefore not as (allegedly) mature.

Anyway, what Albert and the moderators do is the hugest collective example of a "Labor of Love" I can think of. I hope you're making something for your tremendous efforts, Al, but there's no way it's anywhere near as materially rewarding as it "should" be.

I might be teased for kissing up or something, but that's fine -- most people can't know how far back certain "virtual friendships" go, or how much friendly trash has been talked back and forth over the years. :) AIM, we hardly knew ye. In any case, I don't care what others think as much as I care to get a "Thank You" thread in here, so that there's some gratitude amongst the threads about what's not working, what's unappealing, etc. (I'm aware that this particular forum exists for such things, so that's not meant to be a critical statement in any way.)

Really and truly......THANK YOU.

Edited by Chris+++
Typo.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, roadrunner said:

You signed up again? What happened to your first account?

How can I word this concisely? I deleted it to better manage my time consumption, as I had 36734895678942354032657894236578492657845927854 other things going on, and lacked the self-discipline to avoid the Off-Topic Forums. There's the honest answer. :)

Things are different now, and I found myself missing talking about old video games with people who...understand. I'm not sure how else to articulate that, but y'know what I mean.

(I mainly want this to be a thank-you to Al, et al, rather than anything about me. But I didn't want to rudely ignore your question, since I kind of brought it up!)

Edited by Chris+++
Forgot something.
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Chris+++ said:

How can I word this concisely? I deleted it to better manage my time consumption, as I had 36734895678942354032657894236578492657845927854 other things going on, and lacked the self-discipline to avoid the Off-Topic Forums. There's the honest answer. :)

Things are different now, and I found myself missing talking about old video games with people who...understand. I'm not sure how else to articulate that, but y'know what I mean.

(I mainly want this to be a thank-you to Al, et al, rather than anything about me. But I didn't want to rudely ignore your question, since I kind of brought it up!)

Ok, thanks for the info. I lacked the self-discipline sometimes here at AA.
My apologies to Al and the AA community.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 9:34 PM, CPUWIZ said:

Yo, Chris.  Welcome back.  We can restore the account, given you can "prove" it is yours. ;)

https://atariage.com/forums/profile/1434-chris/

Looks like you only updated your location in 2019, surely you must remember something. 

Thanks, CPU! That's a kind offer, but I've enjoyed starting fresh and sticking to the game forums, as opposed to exhibiting a history of contributing tactlessly to off-topic "debates" (assuming that's cool with you guys).