IGNORED

You can have 3 video games to play for the rest of your life. What are they?

Cobra Kai

Can't believe I'm no longer putting Panzer Dragoon Saga in this list! Probably because I've played it to death and there is only so much content in it that you can revisit. 

I'd go for:

Azure dreams (PS1) 

Gemcraft (any after 2/0, or all if I could) (PC) 

Mount & Blade II (PC) - for butter and wifeing.

If it had to be only console, switch out pc ones for

Final Fantasy Xii (PS2) 

Shining Force aggghhh can't decide between 1 or 2. 2 for versalility (Mega Drive) 

• Like 4

Phantasy Star Online (Gamecube/Dreamcast)
Pac Man Collection (7800) - I would have voted Ms. Pac Man if a collection like this isn't allowed.

Civilization III (PC)

3rd... that was tough. Definitely a strategy game like one of the Civilizations, but maybe Heroes of M&M or Age of Empires...

I can't imagine picking a game that wasn't designed for replayability, especially with only 3.

• Like 4

For me it would have to be games which support 4 or more players at once offline. The multiplayer would have to be versus, or the game would have to be very long, for there to be sufficient replayability. Here is my list:

One of the Mario Kart games (I would have to do some research before picking one, but not Super Mario Kart)

Unreal Tournament (PC)

I think there is a recent popular free to play beat´em up, which I suspect has a ton of levels. Maybe that one.

Edited by Lord Mushroom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BydoEmpire said:

Pac Man Collection (7800) - I would have voted Ms. Pac Man if a collection like this isn't allowed.

Yes, I think a collection is not in the spirit of the thread, but a very good idea. Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics has over 50 games alone. With compilations allowed, I would probably choose 3 compilations.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Mushroom said:

Yes, I think a collection is not in the spirit of the thread, but a very good idea. Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics has over 50 games alone. With compilations allowed, I would probably choose 3 compilations.

Ya, since this is the classic gaming section, it might have been better if I made it 3 Cartridges. I bet we would have seen some compilations, because I would probably add Super Mario All Stars to mine if that was the case.

Yeah, I don't like including compilations in this kind of thing.  Agreed it's not really in the spirit of the question although to be fair Pac Man Collection isn't quite the same as a big compilation like you'd see on ps2 or something with 50 games... it's a homebrew cartridge with a limited focus. It's a bit more like a bunch of game variations than a compilation.  Regardless, I original was going to write Ms. Pac Man and that'd be a perfectly good #2 pick for me.  Endlessly replayable.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

I love that u picked Friday the 13th for nes, I didn't see your post before I replied.  That's such a good game.

Yeah, it's funny; the critics savaged it when it came out, and there was this bogus meme going around forever that movie-licensed games were all crap (though some were), but almost everyone I knew who actually played it rated it very highly bitd.  Not that people caught on to the fact that it was an Atlus game, people seem to be finally giving it its due, which is nice to see.

• Like 2

Tough question!

Dark Cavern (Atari 2600)

Ultimate Qix (Sega Genesis)

Faxanadu (NES)

I consider my first 2 as great games to just pick up and play at any time.

My third choice was going to be Pinball Hall of Fame (Williams Collection) for PS2 (or even PSP), but... well,  trying not to pick a comp, or maybe saying I'd just play Taxi on there would be an option. Then, I might have gone with Jaki Crush on Super Famicom instead, but,  it's also very "pick up and play",  and I wanted something with depth, where you can explore endlessly,...  I've always loved Faxanadu,  although realistically I am stuck on a part of the game and don't know if I'll ever get past that point.  But with only 3 choices I might figure it out ;)

• Like 1