IGNORED

Inufuto does Atari 8-bit!

carlsson

looks like a 2600 or real early A8 game...I've got too much new A8 stuff of better quality, even ABBUC contest stuff to get through already. About a year or two's worth as I haven't had the time yet for games lately. Albert was the last game released that I played...when it was released.

Edited by Gunstar

8 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

looks like a 2600 or real early A8 game...I've got too much new A8 stuff of better quality,

The thing is he has made the exact same games for 30++ different computers and a few consoles, mainly Japanese. Up till now, Atari was a blank spot on the map, but apparently he has added functionality to port his games to A8 as well.

• Like 3

I think he posted the first few games for Japanese home computers in the summer of 2020, in the middle of the pandemic. Apparently he has made his own tools that facilitate easy porting of games within a framework of lowest common denominator, to the point that once a system has support, it takes hours or maximum days to adapt an existing game for the new format. Perhaps the tools themselves - just like some of the other cross-plattform tools that already exist - are just as interesting as the resulting games. To have the same game running on 3 different formats is good. To port it to 10 different formats is a true achievement. To make versions running more or less natively on 30-35 different formats is nearly unheard of. But yeah, those won't be games that utilize either format to its max, but have a set of "good enough" limitations.

Personally I'm not a fan of those threads "which game would you want to see on system X" and the answers are full of classic arcade games that already exist on 10+ systems except for X as it would take a lot of development work but add little to the gaming world. The case is slightly different though if you anyway develop your own game from scratch and can support a wide range of players with seemingly little effort.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since Inufuti now does A8, how about adding the 5200 to that lineuo as well, the only difference between the A8 and 5200 is the OS, that and it runs only on .bin or .rom files. (or .hyb for high bit rate titles if you have an Atarimax like most of us do)

10 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Since Inufuti now does A8, how about adding the 5200 to that lineuo as well, the only difference between the A8 and 5200 is the OS, that and it runs only on .bin or .rom files. (or .hyb for high bit rate titles if you have an Atarimax like most of us do)

多分あなたは彼に尋ねてみるべきです ?

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Yautja said:

多分あなたは彼に尋ねてみるべきです ?

Maybe you should ask him.... is what that says.

Try deepl or a number of online translaters and start a conversation....

Though if you do so as you have done here, you won't get a result more than likely... as asking once may get some thought and something may eventually happen but popping up everywhere all the time over and over makes people say no thanks...

I suggest a further conversion of emoji... frantic bloody keyboard banger...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DecisiveGrotesqueBustard.webp

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, www.atarimania.com said:

I have a conversion request: can we add a facepalm icon to the emoji list?

We can always do it the old school way:

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

https://www.asciifacepalm.com/

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

Imagine the Atari being launched in Japan in 1980 or 1981... Early local releases would have looked EXACTLY like Inufuto's games. This is why I think they're so cool ;-)

A while ago I did find a reference in a Japanese computer magazine c:a 1980 IIRC about a company importing the 800. While it probably was much too expensive to compete with the local models, it kind of existed in Japan very early on.