IGNORED

Adam branded carts and DDP 's

rietveld

As you can see from the 2014 date, I haven’t updated this in a long time, but the list of software that Coleco released on data pack is complete.

http://adamarchive.org/archive/Adam/- PLEASE READ -/Coleco ADAM Computer Collector Rarity List v2.10 (2014) (NIAD).rtf.zip

As far as Legacy carts that have labels that include “ADAM”, the following websites should have picture examples:

www.cvaddict.com

www.colecoboxart.com

On 2/25/2022 at 4:00 PM, ed1475 said:

At least 36 unique DDP's were released by Coleco including 2 blank DDP's (one with a clear label and one with a gray label).

From my collection:

ADAM_DDP_Software.jpg

Was Jeopardy also a Coleco-original DDP?  And, if so, then were the various "question pack" add-on DDPs for Jeopardy also Coleco-original?

11 hours ago, timepilot said:

Was Jeopardy also a Coleco-original DDP?  And, if so, then were the various "question pack" add-on DDPs for Jeopardy also Coleco-original?

Coleco never officially released Jeopardy for purchase in retail stores or mail-order. While it was finished in late 1984 including the manual and data pack label (no idea if a box was completed but more than likely it was), Coleco decided it was not worth the expense to mass produce and distribute especially since they were going to announce in January 1985 that they were abandoning the ADAM. Thankfully approval was given by management to release Jeopardy into the Public Domain for all to share and enjoy freely.

The Jeopardy Question Packs that are available in ADAM archives and websites were made using Walters Software Co.'s Jeopardy Writer that was released in 1986.

13 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Coleco never officially released Jeopardy for purchase in retail stores or mail-order. While it was finished in late 1984 including the manual and data pack label (no idea if a box was completed but more than likely it was), Coleco decided it was not worth the expense to mass produce and distribute especially since they were going to announce in January 1985 that they were abandoning the ADAM. Thankfully approval was given by management to release Jeopardy into the Public Domain for all to share and enjoy freely.

The Jeopardy Question Packs that are available in ADAM archives and websites were made using Walters Software Co.'s Jeopardy Writer that was released in 1986.

Just another reason why I am very grateful to Jim Walters, who made one of the two external PSUs that I use with my ADAMs (the other being made by 8bitmilli).  We have some truly terrific folks in the ADAM user community.

What a shame that I had no idea that there were such ADAMites out there when I was first using an ADAM back in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

• Like 1