IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 16 - Game 6 - Super Cobra

Rickster8

[ Intellivision HSC Season 16 ]

(Game 6)

Super Cobra

Super_Cobra.jpg.81d4a5553cbcabb64a7a6acd1f56ac4a.jpg

Super Cobra by Parker Brothers 1983

Brush off your ace piloting skills because you're about to take off on a hair raising adventure: air surveillance of enemy territory. This means an 11,000 mile obstacle course through ever-changing terrain...over craggy mountain tops, around tall city buildings, through long jagged tunnels. And that isn't all! The course is just rigged with chopper-stopping weapons like igniting rockets, heavy ground artillery, flobbynoids and flying saucers. Every 1,000 miles of terrain brings ever-increasing challenges and ever-certain...danger. But a handsome payoff lies at the end of the course for anyone who's got what it takes. 

super_cobra.gif.ca3860b9b97b9099278f1048e678ad97.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21620/intellivision/Super-Cobra-1983-Konami.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Super Cobra

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

SET NEW RECORD +3

Game Setting

PRESS BUTTON 1 (SKILL LEVEL 1)

Game Objective

Move your Super Cobra Chopper thru the maze, shooting everything in sight, scoring the most points in the process.

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. 

Extra Score Bonus: Get a score of 15,000 pts or more and earn +1 bonus point; Get a score of 20,000 pts or more and earn +2 bonus points; Get a score of 25,000 pts or more and earn +3 bonus points. Max-out Extra Score Bonus points earned is +3.  

Season Theme: Maze Craze and Critters. This game falls into the 'Maze Craze' category.

Contest Ends
SUNDAY MARCH 13TH 11:59:59 PM EASTERN TIME

(FINAL SCORES)

26,128 - CParsley [+3 Bonus Points][+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

22,003 - Mark Griff [+2 Bonus Points][+12]

21,342 - Rickster8 [+2 Bonus Points][+11]

----------------------------------------------------------

18,583 - fakecortex [+1 Bonus Point][+9]

17,077 - jimblargh [+1 Bonus Point][+8]

13,791 - wolfy62 [+7]

13,683 - Lupovax [+6]

13,325 - Player One [+5]

6,905 - Crade [+4]

5,529 - Jblenkle [+3]

3,299 - Gar0u [+2]

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After Night Stalker

73 - Mark Griff

71 - Rickster8

67 - CParsley

48 - Crade

45 - Lupovax

39 - jimblargh

32 - Popsicle

30 - IntyFanMatt

24 - Fakecortex

24 - Wolfy62

24 - Gar0u

14 - Mr_Me

4 - Player One

1 - Jblenkle

Games Won

2 - Mark Griff - Tutankham / Mouse Trap

1 - IntyFanMatt - Shark! Shark!

1 - Popsicle - Buzz Bombers

1 - Rickster8 - Night Stalker

Sneak Preview:

TRON: Maze-A-Tron

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores

1 hour ago, mark griff said:

Rick of all games not Maze- a -tron thats got to be the worst game intellivision made and I have no idea how to play

Lol, I really like it. The zeroes part to me is one of the coolest things on Intellivision. Yes the music is annoying but you can turn off the sound and crank up some RUSH while playing.... ?

It's time to learn it Griffy.... HAHHAHAHAHA ?

And even more good news I am forsee-ing an early start to this game too, HAHAHHAHAHAHAAA ?

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Lol, I really like it. The zeroes part to me is one of the coolest things on Intellivision. Yes the music is annoying but you can turn off the sound and crank up some RUSH while playing.... ?

It's time to learn it Griffy.... HAHHAHAHAHA ?

I know how to play, you wander around aimlessly sometimes getting randomly teleported around to other places until you eventually get stuck somewhere and die :)

Edited by crade
typo
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, mark griff said:

Rick of all games not Maze- a -tron thats got to be the worst game intellivision made and I have no idea how to play

I’m with ya Mark. Rick knows how much I hate Maze-a-Tron, but he enjoys it so we’ll have to let him have his way with it. Lol. I’ll be on the sidelines for that one for sure. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I’m with ya Mark. Rick knows how much I hate Maze-a-Tron, but he enjoys it so we’ll have to let him have his way with it. Lol. I’ll be on the sidelines for that one for sure. 

6 minutes ago, mark griff said:

YOU AND ME BOTH MATT. IM READING THE MANUAL NOW OH MY GOD!!

And you guys call yourselves Intellivision Fans!!! ?‍♂️?

ZEROESSCREEN.jpg.2ff4a496a08c861f16494692f751dc6d.jpg

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, mark griff said:

This is a fun game but like a lot of the late intellivion games it could have been better shooting is tough

Yes and it's another one of those games, like Sharp Shot that depends heavily on the type RNG that you receive. Meaning sometimes things happen in this game that are inescapable and the Chopper gets destroyed. Then when you play the game again in that same spot nothing happens. It's VERY random. Also we are playing Level 1 and the game is still almost impossible to get the Booty which is the reward for finishing the entire 1st round, which is 11 boards, or 11,000 miles. We are playing Level 1, the 'easiest' of 4 Levels, pfffffft fkin impossible.... I think I have gotten to 8,000 miles once, still need another 3,000 miles for the Booty. It's stupid. They made the damn game too hard if you cannot even get the Booty on friggin Level 1??? C'mon man??? ?

Iron Man Reaction GIF

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 1