IGNORED

Tomcat F-14 Sim...

video game addict

What the heck, just going thru the 7800 section of the site and noticed the two entries of this game in the database. Went and checked my 2600 cart, and noticed it was really a 7800 cart instead. :( When I originally got this one, I played for a bit on a 7800. That's what I had hooked up. But it never occured to me to look at the PCB and how wide it was. :roll: It did play rather well for a 2600 game. :P

So now it appears my 2600 Absolute collection is nolonger complete. :( But I will have a spare 7800 cart to trade shortly!

The exact opposite happened to me actually. I bought a lot of 3 7800 carts because one of them was Tomcat, and then I looked at the label and noticed it said "2600" and thought I had blown it big time - but when they arrived I popped it in my 7800 to test it and the flashing Atari logo came up. Then I doublechecked the DB here on AA and saw that some of the 7800 carts had MISPRINT 2600 labels. Lucky break for me! :D

question about gameplay, did anyone ever have any luck shooting down the opposing bogey?  I had a trick back in the day to fly low i believe to avoid the situation but forget exactly how i did it

Actually, I used to play the game so much I got the highest rank by not using missiles. That's the trick becuase you're docked points every time you waste a missile.

You have to be patient. When the bogey appears you have a few moments to attack. Then he will fly away and no matter what you do, you will not be able to catch him. Wait a few moments and he'll come back. Just make sure you keep him in FRONT of you. ;)