IGNORED

5 Brand New Reviews at Atari 7800 Forever

Cousin Vinnie

Thanks for testing....but i wonder you rate Sirius, which is not finished, higher than other games.It could became a good game, but it is not complete.

Merlain is not really a port of a Lynx game....

i got permission to port it to the 7800 and then it turned into a parody adventure. Only one guy, who bought the cart, got a secret rom. Seems that most people did not play the game with all endings. It is also not a graphic orgy....it should make only a little bit of fun.And it is no Ebook.

And I agree....there is only a title melody, small graphics...so what should

You say?  And it has a simple game inside, but this has a reason, if people play the game and read the text.

About Olli Troll Adventure. 

We did not want to make a graphic blockbuster....only an old school game, which should be funny....not more. For sure, it could be done for the 2600 ? And one guy made it to the end afaik.

And just for info....I am a lousy programmer and a game like Merlain is a success for me. Making an action game without help is far beyond my abilities.

And yes....there will be a Merlain2/with a real damn heavy bossfight ?

And in Merlain3....I put you inside too ?

You will be surprised......

I always enjoy your test

Edited by gambler172
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Thanks for testing....but i wonder you rate Sirius, which is not finished, higher than other games.It could became a good game, but it is not complete.

Merlain is not really a port of a Lynx game....

i got permission to port it to the 7800 and then it turned into a parody adventure. Only one guy, who bought the cart, got a secret rom. Seems that most people did not play the game with all endings. It is also not a graphic orgy....it should make only a little bit of fun.And it is no Ebook.

And I agree....there is only a title melody, small graphics...so what should

You say?  And it has a simple game inside, but this has a reason, if people play the game and read the text.

About Olli Troll Adventure. 

We did not want to make a graphic blockbuster....only an old school game, which should be funny....not more. For sure, it could be done for the 2600 ? And one guy made it to the end afaik.

And just for info....I am a lousy programmer and a game like Merlain is a success for me. Making an action game without help is far beyond my abilities.

And yes....there will be a Merlain2/with a real damn heavy bossfight ?

And in Merlain3....I put you inside too ?

You will be surprised......

I always enjoy your test

First off, Sirius is bad ass. I didn't play it for a long time because it was so difficult, but after I memorized the first level- I can only find one thing about it that needs some cleaning up. The only real problems I have with the game is (maybe) the lack of music and the bosses are kinda wimps. But other than that... it's an incredible game. 

Secondly, I love your stuff. Don't ever take what I say to heart. Merlain is really odd to me and I don't know what the hell is going on in it. I never have liked text adventures, not even in the 1980s. So... you would say this is not an ebook or a Book cart? Is it a text adventure?

Also, Adventures of Olli Troll is rough around the edges but it is worth a roll in the hay. A 2.5/5.0 is not a bad score at all. If it had regular graphics and sound it would probably be around a 3.0 or 3.5/5.0. Keep making stuff! Once my schedule calms down I wanna do a little article on the disappearance of the Travi cart.

Keep doing what you do. You are a better programmer than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funk

Hi Vinnie

I would call Merlain a Parody Adventure in Point n Klick style? with small graphics and a real shovel game.

About Travi.. ...it disappeared somewhere on the way from Sweden to

Germany. Pontus did not ship with insurance ?

Edited by gambler172

I just added two new game specific articles to the site for anyone who cares or wants to fact check:

How to fix the Rikki & Vikki Gamebreaker Glitch

What's Goin On With That Toki Prototype? (I know most of you guys know this story- I still made a humorous stab at making an article for perpetuity's sake) 

www.Atari7800Forever.com

• Like 1