IGNORED

Using Module Creator 2.0 with Extended Basic programs

Hi

As a newbie - or rather a returning fan after nearly 40 years af absence - I am trying to  convert an Extended Basic program for use with a FinalGrom device. The basic program has been processed to a compiled program in the Classic99 environment via ISABELLA and an EA5 type file generated for use with the Module Creator 2.0 to make an image. The file called SB52-E is in vt99 format. However, when I try to use the Module Creator program, i always get an 'Expanded line too long' error. See included screen pic. I have tried to locate the file in the root of a drive in case the path was too long, as someone suggested in a similar case mentioned on AtartAge. Any Basic program compiled and converted to vt99 that I test has this behaviour. A lot of people can make this work, so please help me to become a member of happy users of the Module Creator 2.0.

regards

jesper

creator2.png

In what directory have you placed Module Creator 2.0 ?

In the line that gives the error the assembler is called with an input, output and error file.

So that line would be expanded to something like this:

c:\wherever module creator is\xa99.exe -iC:\users\desktop\ti99 compiler\classic99\mydisk\dsk4\mm.a99 -oC:\users\desktop\ti99 compiler\classic99\mydisk\dsk4\mm.obj -lC:\users\desktop\ti99 compiler\classic99\mydisk\dsk4\mm.lst -v -r -S -s

This line is about 267 characters long. Most buffers in this tool are 255 characters.

What I always do/have is the directory with the Module Creator, in my case: d:\Ti994w\ModuleCreator_20\

There I create an directory for the module project, like d:\Ti994w\ModuleCreator_20\mm and in that directory I copy the program file of what I would like to create a module of, like so: d:\Ti994w\ModuleCreator_20\mm\sb52-x

I am also not sure of this whole module build process like spaces in the directory and/or file names as used here "ti99 compiler".

• Like 1

Hi

Spot on! I relocated the Module_Creator_20 directory as c:\Module_Creator_20 and made a directory below (called c:\Module_Creator_20\e-files) for my program files. Then I could produce a .bin file with 1-4 basic programs on the menu as desired. I also tested having the program files on a D drive directory with a similar short path. That worked too.

With your Module Creator 2.0 tool, and using a combination of Classic99, Ti99dir, the ISABELLA package with its compiler options, and with TiCodEd as a much improved environment for editing EXTENDED BASIC code, it seem there is a nearly perfect environment for developing programs, get them compiled and put on a format, that is optimal for the actual TI99 hardware if you have a FinalGrom cartridge.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jesper

• Like 2