IGNORED

gotek drive

rietveld

I saw on fb that a few guys were eager to convert there broken disk drives into Gotek s

I think we should remind them that you will still need a working controller board for the gotek to  interface with the Adamnet. So unless your problem is the drive itself you probably wont have any luck with this mod 

Edited by rietveld

The person did a real nice job of installing the Gotek drive into an actual ADAM disk drive case along with creating a beautiful faceplate and modding the Gotek drive with an OLED and image selector dial. I’m sure your previous posts and videos provided valuable information and possibly the impetus for this latest creation.

I have explained on the ADAM FB group that the Controller board and of coarse power supply HAVE to be working properly. Concerning the MPI 5 1/4” disk drive mechanics, it doesn’t matter either way.

The Gotek drive is a great option especially for when the ADE or VDD drives are not available for purchase or one can’t make their own ADE.

This reminds me to contact moonxpl seeing as he has a good supply of disk drives left over from his repair business and the Gotek drive is a great option to get a some more problem drives back out in the wild to be used.

Wish you could join us on the ADAM FB group, but I understand your decision completely. I wouldn’t use it as well if it wasn’t for a couple retro groups.

1 hour ago, NIAD said:

The person did a real nice job of installing the Gotek drive into an actual ADAM disk drive case along with creating a beautiful faceplate and modding the Gotek drive with an OLED and image selector dial. I’m sure your previous posts and videos provided valuable information and possibly the impetus for this latest creation.

I have explained on the ADAM FB group that the Controller board and of coarse power supply HAVE to be working properly. Concerning the MPI 5 1/4” disk drive mechanics, it doesn’t matter either way.

The Gotek drive is a great option especially for when the ADE or VDD drives are not available for purchase or one can’t make their own ADE.

This reminds me to contact moonxpl seeing as he has a good supply of disk drives left over from his repair business and the Gotek drive is a great option to get a some more problem drives back out in the wild to be used.

Wish you could join us on the ADAM FB group, but I understand your decision completely. I wouldn’t use it as well if it wasn’t for a couple retro groups.

Can you try to get that guys info for one pls.  

I would love to buy one of his face plates for my Adam gotek.. He did an incredible job.  Looks like it came out of the Coleco design labs

3 hours ago, rietveld said:

Can you try to get that guys info for one pls.  

I would love to buy one of his face plates for my Adam gotek.. He did an incredible job.  Looks like it came out of the Coleco design labs

It sounds like Danny lives in a foreign country (overseas?) and one of the members in the group might buy a small quantity to distribute to help reduce shipping expenses.

E93C8217-1F43-46A9-838B-A59D5E4CDFFF.png