IGNORED

I SO love playing Dandy!

AtariSociety

Update... I have finished an initial pass at converting all the source files to assemble with ca65, however that is just an initial pass - there are some 2nd pass assembler/linker errors remaining to be fixed, followed by debugging the resulting executable just in case the conversion introduced any errors.

On a tangent, I converted the original APX manual to Google Docs, added screen shots, created a PDF of that, got permission to share, and will be posting it in the future.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/3/2022 at 1:36 PM, bhall408 said:

Update... I have finished an initial pass at converting all the source files to assemble with ca65, however that is just an initial pass - there are some 2nd pass assembler/linker errors remaining to be fixed, followed by debugging the resulting executable just in case the conversion introduced any errors.

On a tangent, I converted the original APX manual to Google Docs, added screen shots, created a PDF of that, got permission to share, and will be posting it in the future.

Sounds dandy, almost a year ago since the last mention in this thread, did you post the pdf etc in some other place?

18 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Sounds dandy, almost a year ago since the last mention in this thread, did you post the pdf etc in some other place?

Here you go...

As of last summer, I was down to a final bug to fix in the re-built Dandy...

https://twitter.com/markspaceinc/status/1572644203100016643

Here is the post after I did the first compile that ran "something"

https://twitter.com/bhall408/status/1553400744585433090

My goal is to make it couch-compliant and then add it to Argon...

Would also love to add background music, a title screen, and make a few other improvements.

Dandy 1983 Manual - DRAFT 2022-04-10.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

On a semi-related note, it would be interesting to have an answer to what I posted in this thread:

I never tried compiling the source "as-is" with SynAssembler -- I converted it to ca65 format first. So somebody might do that in the future, but not likely to be me.

• Thanks 1